Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ATTN Oklahoma auto crossers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jcambo7
I am looking for how to become involved in auto crossing near Oklahoma City. I and my friend who are not from Oklahoma City are looking for where to start and get our feet wet.
PeeGreen 914
welcome.png hey James. So this is my brother in law and he is stationed at Tinker. Anyone that can help him get involved in autocross out there would be appreciated. biggrin.gif
jcambo7
drunk.gif
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Dec 24 2008, 08:47 PM) *

welcome.png hey James. So this is my brother in law and he is stationed at Tinker. Anyone that can help him get involved in autocross out there would be appreciated. biggrin.gif

ConeDodger
Hi James,

welcome.png I think you will find that people don't trust you now that they know that your brother-in-law is Jon (not really, we love Jon biggrin.gif )

Do a search of the local car clubs. Enter Oklahoma City and Sports Car Clubs and see what you get. Then go to the individual web sites and see if they have a competition or autocross director. Once you do that you contact them and they will have their fingers on the pulse of what is going on autocross/soloII wise in your area. Don't forget to check the SCCA. Also, often sports car clubs will operate on base. Some of the best events I have ever been to were on military property.

This time of year, the club boards are in the planning stages so they might not have a calendar filled up just yet.

Do you have a 914?
jcambo7
biggrin.gif Thank you very mcuh for the info. No currently I do not have a 914. My goal is to own one though in the near or far future.
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 25 2008, 12:31 PM) *

Hi James,

welcome.png I think you will find that people don't trust you now that they know that your brother-in-law is Jon (not really, we love Jon biggrin.gif )

Do a search of the local car clubs. Enter Oklahoma City and Sports Car Clubs and see what you get. Then go to the individual web sites and see if they have a competition or autocross director. Once you do that you contact them and they will have their fingers on the pulse of what is going on autocross/soloII wise in your area. Don't forget to check the SCCA. Also, often sports car clubs will operate on base. Some of the best events I have ever been to were on military property.

This time of year, the club boards are in the planning stages so they might not have a calendar filled up just yet.

Do you have a 914?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.