Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cage, you got one?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wallys914
I am in the process of building my cage, and I wanted to see pics of peoples main hoops and the way they tied in the door bars.... If you have them, can you post them?

Thank you
CliffBraun
QUOTE(wallys914 @ Dec 25 2008, 03:59 PM) *

I am in the process of building my cage, and I wanted to see pics of peoples main hoops and the way they tied in the door bars.... If you have them, can you post them?

Thank you

Best pic I've got:
IPB Image
J P Stein
I used to have a full halo cage in the shitbox. I bonked my helmeted head on the padded side bar when I hit a rough patch on a skid pad. Had it not been for the padding & the helmet I may have been "lights on but no one home". As it was it only knocked me goofier.....it was a hell of a shot. I had argued for years that a cage was OK on the street.....I was wrong.

Even old farts can learn with a shot upside the head.
EdwardBlume
JP, did you do this yourself? Does it work the same as a halo?
J P Stein
Yes, DIY.
I've never tested either.....thank God. It probably wouldn't pass muster at an SCCA W2W tech but for AX it's probably overkill. It's really there for chassis stiffness and has done the trick in that regard. Both front & rear towers are tied into it......that is something I shoulda done years ago. It give the flexi-flier a whole new feel.
GaroldShaffer
SCCA legal cage from the old FP racer. I can get better picks this weekend if you want.

LarryR
I just posted this on another thread but since relevant... TC Design 914 cage:
Click to view attachment
wallys914
Thank you all.
ConeDodger
I'm not sure he will show up and respond but Elliot Cannon has a great cage in his Yellow car. It has an ease of access feature I have not seen before or since. The side impact bar swings away allowing the driver easy entry... Seek him out if you want pics... Here is a pic showing the car.
jt914-6
Here's a few pics of mine....
bam914
Here is the cage I did for my ITB 914.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.