Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have my car again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CliffBraun
IPB Image
For reference here's how it looked when I bought it:
IPB Image
I don't feel like listing modifications, but I will say that it's easier to list stock components than non stock:
Gas tank
Headlight frames
doors
steering column
windshield
trunk latches
gauges
Probably a couple things I'm forgetting.
Any comments? Questions?
degreeoff
Just need more pics (on a nicer day) and a couple headlight brows.....is it a six now?

Looks good!

Josh
race914
Cliff,

Nice Job! Your car is looking great! beerchug.gif

Greg
CliffBraun
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Dec 25 2008, 05:13 PM) *

Just need more pics (on a nicer day) and a couple headlight brows.....is it a six now?

Looks good!

Josh

Headlight brows are still down south, I barely made it home for christmas as it is (with lots of help from Sww914). It's a 4, but a very built up one, the intended goal is autox, so I decided the mass of a 6 wasn't worth it.
dw914er
its almost done! smile.gif
Joe Bob
Looks nice Cliff.....
ericread
Yep! Just change out the bumpers and you'll have a real nice looking 914!!!

stirthepot.gif devil.gif

Eric

markb
It's gettin there. smile.gif
Chris Hamilton
Let's see a picture of it from a real camera! beer3.gif
EdwardBlume
agree.gif Awesome! Its always cool to see a refreshed 914. Post more picts !
Type 4 Unleashed
I like the front bumper, I think they look good, but more than that, it's functional, it's designed for front end stability.

I wonder how much Porsche paid for it's developement, and how many versions they went thru before they ended with this one ? I think the info on it's developement and the different versions would be interesting.

But what I don't like, is when people use a non-flared bumper with a flared car.
Chris Hamilton
Wow! That thing is a blast to drive. He came by today and let me take it for a spin. Unbelievably stable with the adjustable front and rear swaybars. Can't wait to get it to the autocross.

The Jist:

-911 SC frontend
-Tarrett front swaybar
-Big ol' 911S front calipers and rotors

-Fiberglass all over
-Heaters and other crap removed
-Minimal weld-in cage
-Weld-in rear stiffening kit
- 15" x 7" cookie cutters with falkens

-Konis with eibachs in the rear
-Weltmeister rear swaybar
-944 turbo wheel spacers

The crowning jewel to the whole package has got to be the engine my dad built for the car. The 2.0L rabbit rods engine with the "ultimate street cam" just sounds like nothing I've driven to date in the upper rpms. It just wants to keep revving all the way to the 7,000 rpm chip he has in it. Gobs of torque everywhere. I'm going to be eyeing that configuration next time I put an engine in one of my 914s.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.