Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: it's 2008 in a new PORSCHE showroom...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
1970 Neun vierzehn
As Rod Serling of the Twilight Zone would say...."..for your consideration"
Johny Blackstain
thumb3d.gif God I love marketing. I'm guessing she's a 73.
70Sixter
I think it just shows good taste.
tod914
Looks like it's in mint shape too. I wonder if it's one of the two low milage red 1.7s that was offered about 6 months ago.
Pat Garvey
Well?

Tell us about this '73. Hell, you're there every day, and you can't provide abything other than pics?

This thread is worthless with pics only!
Pat
scotty b
Interesting. I noticed our dealer had an early 930 on their floor a week or two ago. Is Porsche trying to connect with their past ??? Back when Porsches were REAL sports cars?
dw914er
they like us... they really like us smile.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
A couple more pics ......

The 914 presents itself extremely well amid all the current high priced offerings elsewhere in the showroom.
914runnow
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Dec 26 2008, 08:13 AM) *

No Ziebart coatings..And the drain tube in the front trunk is still intact!!!
>>>>Interior pics if possible Please....And Vin??
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(914runnow @ Jan 5 2009, 09:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Dec 26 2008, 08:13 AM) *

No Ziebart coatings..And the drain tube in the front trunk is still intact!!!
>>>>Interior pics if possible Please....And Vin??

L32K Phoenix Red
chassis # 5219561
build date 12/72

I tried taking photos of the interior, and even with "flash", the lights are so dim in the showroom that the pics are too dark. The photos that I've posted I had to 'brighten' somewhat, as they too were too dark. Here's another shot, with flash, but no 'brightening' with the computer.

Paul
Lavanaut
Neat. Are there any other vintage cars on the floor? And of course...is it for sale and if so how much!?
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jan 6 2009, 01:33 PM) *

Neat. Are there any other vintage cars on the floor? And of course...is it for sale and if so how much!?

There are no other Porsches on the showroom floor other than the current model year offerings. I've been told that this 914 is the dealers' personal car, but have not been able to confirm that. Is it for sale?, I don't know, but I'd imagine enough money (whatever that may be) could take it.

Paul
tod914
Paul, next time your in the dealership, would mind asking if it was purchased in PA or New England with in the past 5 months? The one
from New England was a Parade winner.

Thanks,

Tod
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jan 9 2009, 05:42 PM) *

Paul, next time your in the dealership, would mind asking if it was purchased in PA or New England with in the past 5 months? The one
from New England was a Parade winner.

Thanks,

Tod

Tod,
I've been told that the car was purchased from the original owner in North Carolina. The odometer reads 22K, and there is a North Carolina DOT/Registration/License sticker or decal on the windshield.

Paul
mrgreenjeans
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Dec 26 2008, 01:31 AM) *

Great shots of a great looking car !

BUT, did anyone wonder as I did when the Boxster was introduced, with all the interplay between the 550 and the new car, why was the 914 not even mentioned ?

Did the ad copy guys say......Nein , Nein , this car was more of an embarassment than we care to admit. It may well have sold over 100,000 copies, but it ......shhhhh..........vas really more like a VW than a true mid engine Porsche.

I waited and waited and waited, but it was like our little beloved was simply never going to get any recognition here at all. At least in reference to the new Boxster.

NOW, today, with all the controversies surrounding the leaking RMS, and intermediate shaft problems, and cooling disasters , block porosity snafu, and engines that mysteriously implode with hardly any miles......its our turn to say..........Thank You Porsche for not bringing our cars into the limelight surrounding the M96 and M97 engined Boxsters, Caymans, and 911s.

We like the distance you placed between the 914 and those modern day engine package replacement models. At least we can lay claim to owning one of the easiest to maintain aircoolers this side of the 356.

914's cornered like on rails and still win Porsche Parade competitions nearly every year.

Water problems ?

Well, there are still those issues surrounding windshield and tail-light leaks. Oh, and that little deal about the Hell-Hole..................guess it helps keep those that are still running all that much more rare and valuable.
Just keep that rain tray in place, your battery clean, and make sure the voltage is regulating and not placing your battery acid in the boiing range..........

No need to check the coolant level or replace an errant cooling cap
stirthepot.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(mrgreenjeans @ Feb 22 2009, 09:21 PM) *

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Dec 26 2008, 01:31 AM) *

Great shots of a great looking car !

BUT, did anyone wonder as I did when the Boxster was introduced, with all the interplay between the 550 and the new car, why was the 914 not even mentioned ?

Did the ad copy guys say......Nein , Nein , this car was more of an embarassment than we care to admit. It may well have sold over 100,000 copies, but it ......shhhhh..........vas really more like a VW than a true mid engine Porsche.

I waited and waited and waited, but it was like our little beloved was simply never going to get any recognition here at all. At least in reference to the new Boxster.

NOW, today, with all the controversies surrounding the leaking RMS, and intermediate shaft problems, and cooling disasters , block porosity snafu, and engines that mysteriously implode with hardly any miles......its our turn to say..........Thank You Porsche for not bringing our cars into the limelight surrounding the M96 and M97 engined Boxsters, Caymans, and 911s.

We like the distance you placed between the 914 and those modern day engine package replacement models. At least we can lay claim to owning one of the easiest to maintain aircoolers this side of the 356.

914's cornered like on rails and still win Porsche Parade competitions nearly every year.

Water problems ?

Well, there are still those issues surrounding windshield and tail-light leaks. Oh, and that little deal about the Hell-Hole..................guess it helps keep those that are still running all that much more rare and valuable.
Just keep that rain tray in place, your battery clean, and make sure the voltage is regulating and not placing your battery acid in the boiing range..........

No need to check the coolant level or replace an errant cooling cap
stirthepot.gif

GO jeans!

Dead nuts right on!

We don need no stinkin' Boxsters!
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.