Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Painted and back on the road
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
16 months after I drug my 75 project home from Oregon and a few engine diversions (subaru and big4...couldn't decide), my V-8 project is pretty much done....well, as much as any 914 is laugh.gif
I still need to rechrome the back bumper, install my AC unit and install my new door inside sill trim, but hey...close enough piratenanner.gif .
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
jc914
That looks really nice congrats smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif clap56.gif driving.gif
scotty b
beerchug.gif Damn that's pretty !!
jsayre914
agree.gif Nice Job
stepuptotheMike
That looks totally bad ass. aktion035.gif What front spoiler is that?

Mike
jim_hoyland
Mark, Congratulations ! What a great outcoome. The dash came out really good. Can't wait to see it at WCR '09
southernmost914
Slick and Sweet! drooley.gif

Steve
computers4kids
QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Dec 26 2008, 04:56 PM) *

That looks totally bad ass. aktion035.gif What front spoiler is that?

Mike

Mike...front spoiler is from Renegade and rear is from an aftermarket for an early 914.
Thanks for the compliment...it's been a fun project. Such a sense of accomplishment when you do everything yourself...although much slower. yellowsleep[1].gif
ahdoman
WOW Mark! I can't believe it's done already! It looks stunning!

burton73
To say wow is an understatement,

It looks bitchen aktion035.gif . Very, very nice. What wheel and tire size do you have on and please explain the air filter setup.

Bob
iamchappy
Very NICE!,,job well done......
computers4kids
QUOTE(burton73 @ Dec 26 2008, 06:05 PM) *

To say wow is an understatement,

It looks bitchen aktion035.gif . Very, very nice. What wheel and tire size do you have on and please explain the air filter setup.

Bob

Hi Bob...
The wheels I picked-up are a matched set of 1978 fuchs, 16 X 6 and 16 X 7s that are darn near perfect...and fully polished. The caps I bought from ebay and a set of pollished alloy lugs came from AutoAtlanta.

For tires, I bought a set of BF Goodrich 205/45/16 Z rated sports from Costco. Great deal, they gave me an instant 60 dollar rebate from BF Goodrich and the tires ended up costing me 381 out the door balanced and all--which I felt was a great deal for a quality tire. Tip: Had to bring the rims in and say the tires were going on a 911 to get Costco to mount them (policy...only mount stock tires) LOL.

This low profile air cleaner is pretty common for 914s with a v-8...it used to be a B&M product but now is available under the Holley name. I really like the way it breathes off to the sides.
markb
Good lookin' car, Mark! Sits a touch high, tho, don't ya think?
greenie
That is a beautiful car! pray.gif

Sixteen months is a very short period for all that you did.

How many hours per day did you work on this?
So.Cal.914
I love the way you did the radiator grill, Very Nice.
g911
Very nice
Is it silver, or does it have a greenish tint to it? Can't tell on my computer.
boxstr
SCHWEET That looks excellent. 4 of the 5 V8 914s that I have had has owned had that same air filter assembly.
Enjoy..
CCLIN2008THEYEARTOGOV8
TC 914-8
MARK!!!!!! Excelent Job

Like Greenie said 16 months is probally a record for a do it your selfer, for what you did.

Awsome Job one of the best V-8 conversions on the west coast.

I don't think you'll ever be done, there will always be somthing you want shinnier, or something you want stronger, and then want to go faster, and then stop better.

Great job, Enjoy, aktion035.gif driving.gif

Tony
wertygrog
Beautiful!!! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

What color is that?
PeeGreen 914
That looks very nice piratenanner.gif . Nice work Mark beerchug.gif
Cheapsnake
Very nicely done. You're an inspiration for me to do my own V8.

Tom
slow914
Beautiful, love the front and the interior. Whens it getting lower, and how does it drive???
plymouth37
That was quick! Nice ride!
championgt1
Great looking car. The paint color looks great with the polished fuchs. I also like the fact that you did not put big flares on it.

NICE!! aktion035.gif
PanelBilly
I'd like to see a video of you driving down the street. I want to hear it purr.

Are you bring it to WCR this summer? And where do we sign up to go for a ride?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.