Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling on all administrators!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
greenie
To all administrators,

It's kind of a slow night so...

As we all learned ( relearned ) by our recent down time I believe we have by far the best 914 virtual club going.

What I think is lacking has been our recent documented history.

I first attended the WCC 2006 that Craig organized in Portland, we do have a few photo's but not a captured event section.

I can find nothing on the WCR 2007 event put on by McMark in Rohnert Park? This was such a blast & a beautiful event but nothing?

I see nothing from the WCR 2008 held in Issaquah last year?

I think it's a shame that we are not documenting the fun and community that we have here.

I'm not sure of the work involved in doing this but it was one thing that did attract me to the old club.

(Just my opinion ) welcome.png
McMark
Great idea Curt! cool.gif
jim_hoyland
Good idea Curt; plus, there are some events that are all but forgotten.
rick 918-S
When a plan comes together, I (as well as others) have photos to contribute from many Classic events around the country.
JeffBowlsby
I think future 914World events should be labeled something other than 'Classic'..that term is a B®ad idea...
Todd Enlund
I've got lots of pics from WCR 2008 and the 2008 Falling Leaf Run... just let me know what to do with them. How about Coppermine? It's easy to set up and can use CSS to match the rest of the site.
PanelBilly
Don't we have that section that recaps events. As you can see, I never go there. Maybe we should include some photos of our activities in the Hot Chicks thread where they will be seen. Boobs, ass, cars driving down the street, more tits, bent over babes, photo of guys standing around a broken car, drinking beer and watching one guy working on it.
Sex sells
We could rename the thread Hot Chicks and fun times
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Dec 26 2008, 09:39 PM) *

I think future 914World events should be labeled something other than 'Classic'..that term is a B®ad idea...

We have been using the good old "Wramble" for the last two bigger events ...

No more B®ag(ing)!
biggrin.gif Andy
PeeGreen 914
av-943.gif blink.gif
VaccaRabite
We do have a section for this, but no one goes there. The only reason I ever go in there is for the event planners sub-forum. Anything left in the main Events forum never gets the attention that it would get in the Garage.

Zach
greenie
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 27 2008, 11:59 AM) *

We do have a section for this, but no one goes there. The only reason I ever go in there is for the event planners sub-forum. Anything left in the main Events forum never gets the attention that it would get in the Garage.

Zach

Maybe no one goes there because it hasn't been updated in years...
Rusty
Jeff, not everyone lockstepped to that "Classic" name bullshit. That was pushed on folks by an individual who wanted to empire-build. The Mid U.S. Ramble has always been known as a Ramble (including the tenth year, which was a.k.a. the Rocket City Ramble.)

Greenie, anyone that wants a forum to plan an event just needs to ask. smile.gif

I'm think that there have been threads that document the events and have bunches of pictures posted... I think it's just a matter of finding them. Perhaps they could become Classic threads? I dunno... just an idea.

-Rusty type.gif
PeeGreen 914

What if we had threads created for each ramble/ classic that had 5 to 10 pics and recapped everything from the first year to the present? We could lock them in one of the sections so someone can just go look at the evolution of each event year by year. I'd be willing to do this if someone wanted me to.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Rusty @ Dec 30 2008, 06:23 PM) *

Jeff, not everyone lockstepped to that "Classic" name bullshit...

... Perhaps they could become Classic threads?

lol
greenie

Greenie, anyone that wants a forum to plan an event just needs to ask. smile.gif

-Rusty type.gif
[/quote]

Hi Rusty,

I paraphrased your reply.

My point is that we do not seem to be documenting our history.

We do have an event planner forum but that is not my point.

My point is that all the enthusiasm, planning, & fun that goes into these events just seems to vanish..

We need to document these events, nothing has been updated since 2006 as far as I can see.

I like looking back on these events ( I'm old ) and enjoying the memories.

Curt smile.gif

McMark
If anyone wants to spearhead this project, it would be great to get a head start with a list of threads pertaining to each event.

Hint, hint... cool.gif

Also a list of events gone by would be good. I bet we could even get descriptions and pictures from events from Rennlist days... idea.gif
Rusty
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Dec 30 2008, 10:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Rusty @ Dec 30 2008, 06:23 PM) *

Jeff, not everyone lockstepped to that "Classic" name bullshit...

... Perhaps they could become Classic threads?

lol

Hey Chris! smile.gif

biggrin.gif Too funny, and a bit ironic. beerchug.gif

But I do see a difference between having a Classic Threads forum and enforcing our will about naming events on groups who want to get together and do their own thing.
Rusty
QUOTE(greenie @ Dec 30 2008, 10:20 PM) *

Hi Rusty,

I paraphrased your reply.

My point is that we do not seem to be documenting our history.

We do have an event planner forum but that is not my point.

My point is that all the enthusiasm, planning, & fun that goes into these events just seems to vanish..

We need to document these events, nothing has been updated since 2006 as far as I can see.

I like looking back on these events ( I'm old ) and enjoying the memories.

Curt smile.gif

I agree that the enthusiasm for an event seems to vanish quickly after it's over. I wonder if it's because people are looking forward to the next big event? idea.gif

I think there is a lot of documented history, but the threads are in the Garage - not sequestered in another forum. Gathering the best of them up might be a cool idea.

I concur with my esteemed friend, McMark... if you want to spearhead it, jump in with both feet! It's YOUR board!
SGB
Heya Rusty.
Dontcha also think that by the time an event is completed, the organizers get sorta burned out?

I know I dosed up so much at the RCR that I had to break away for a while.

smile.gif
greenie
"I agree that the enthusiasm for an event seems to vanish quickly after it's over. I wonder if it's because people are looking forward to the next big event?

I think there is a lot of documented history, but the threads are in the Garage - not sequestered in another forum. Gathering the best of them up might be a cool idea.

I concur with my esteemed friend, McMark... if you want to spearhead it, jump in with both feet! It's YOUR board!
Rusty Posted Dec 31 2008, 04:08 AM "

I just sent a PM to McMark,

I volunteered to organize this. welcome.png
Gint
QUOTE(greenie @ Dec 31 2008, 11:19 AM) *
I just sent a PM to McMark,

I volunteered to organize this. welcome.png

Thank you. beer.gif
McMark
boldblue.gif This is gonna be good!
SGB
Cool. Thanks!
scotty b
I WILL NOT stand for the East Coast Puke Fest to be re-named. mad.gif
rascobo
051103-stupid4.gif Dispite of My ignorance of the set-up of our governing board, I of course have an opinion...

idea.gif
Could we we add position to the Board, that of an Archivist? This person could collect and correlate information on all relevant events, in addition to adding worthy Threads to the appropriate forums i.e. Lapuwali, The Paddock, ...something that is often recommended in posts, but seldom seems to happen. It's possible that simply posting the desire for someone to fill this slot, could turn up a volunteer.

in any case beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif sheeplove.gif stirthepot.gif bananabang.gif wine.gif 287.gif 340.gif dancing.gif toast.gif

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!! [color=#FF0000]
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(rascobo @ Dec 31 2008, 05:09 PM) *

governing board

av-943.gif
ericread
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 31 2008, 04:37 PM) *

I WILL NOT stand for the East Coast Puke Fest to be re-named. mad.gif

How about:

"East Coast Puke Classic"?

smilie_pokal.gif
greenie

051103-stupid4.gif Dispite of My ignorance of the set-up of our governing board, I of course have an opinion...

idea.gif
Could we we add position to the Board, that of an Archivist? This person could collect and correlate information on all relevant events, in addition to adding worthy Threads to the appropriate forums i.e. Lapuwali, The Paddock, ...something that is often recommended in posts, but seldom seems to happen. It's possible that simply posting the desire for someone to fill this slot, could turn up a volunteer.

in any case beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif sheeplove.gif stirthepot.gif bananabang.gif wine.gif 287.gif 340.gif dancing.gif toast.gif

You seem to have your priorities straight.

I will second your nomination as " Archivist" and pass this information on to the "Governing Board".

Happy New Year! beerchug.gif
ericread
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Dec 31 2008, 05:12 PM) *

governing board

av-943.gif

Then how about this:

Could we we add position to the Board, that of an Anarchist? This person could collect and correlate any damn information on any damn relevant events he or she cares to. And we'll like it or lump it.

Oh, there's already a board that does that???

lol3.gif Eric Read
rascobo
QUOTE(greenie @ Dec 31 2008, 05:16 PM) *

idea.gif

I will second your nomination as " Archivist" and pass this information on to the "Governing Board".

[b]FUCCCH! How the hell do I delete that post!!!
scotty b
QUOTE(ericread @ Dec 31 2008, 05:13 PM) *

How about:

"East Coast Puke Classic"?

smilie_pokal.gif

I can't say that there was a " classic " puke that happend. When and if there is a " classic " puke we can remane it.

Of course Mr Garvey would have to be present to make certain it was a period correct puking av-943.gif
Rusty
I love you guys... Happy New Year! beerchug.gif
greenie
QUOTE(rascobo @ Dec 31 2008, 05:24 PM) *

QUOTE(greenie @ Dec 31 2008, 05:16 PM) *

idea.gif

[b]FUCCCH! How the hell do I delete that post!!!

I don't think you can. biggrin.gif
McMark
I'm so confused.... confused24.gif

More champagne anyone?
Dr. Roger

Could we we add position to the Board, that of an Anarchist? This person could collect and correlate any damn information on any damn relevant events he or she cares to. And we'll like it or lump it.

Oh, there's already a board that does that???

We already have both positions available... and more. For everyone. =)
Got an idea and it sucks? Go for it. Got an idea and it's great. Go for it. Either way you're pretty much free to do what you like under a framework of consideration for others and our bylaws seen here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=65693

One of the greatest things I like about this place is the feeling of inclusiveness and THAT we have.

You have a great idea and there's people who want to go for it.

Yippeeeee!

beerchug.gif aktion035.gif popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.