Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coffee & Cars in Irvine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
About 5 914's showed up this morning including a 917 kit car mounted on a 914 chassis. Here's a few pics:

1. Early group
2. 917 kit car. Owner had several 914's over the years and someone out there may know who it is.
3. Andy's soon-to-be 6
4. Rob's near-perfect 6.
5. New 914 owner, Josh. He's only owned the car a month and it's off jackstands, newly painted, and made a trip to Big Bear after leaving here.
6.White 914- seen this car before, don't know the owner

jim_hoyland
The lighter green car in the group shot is Tim's '75. His dad was original owner-both were there this am.
ericread
hahaha! I was about to ask what caused the paint problems on the yellow and white cars, when I realized my son had opened a diet coke next to my laptop and some cola drops had dried on the screen... biggrin.gif

Once I get my car's paint sorted, I'll be joining you over at Ford (Coffee & Cars) on Saturday mornings. A couple of weeks ago I noticed a GT-40 being trailored off from the lot after the morning meeting. I headed over to Costco and saw a Mercedes 300SL Gull-Wing gasing up. Then over on Barranca had a '59 Ferrari 250 pull up beside me. I revved my 2.0L engine a couple times and the driver broke into a huge grin, then zoomed off. lol3.gif

Also don't forget the PCA has a monthly Saturday get together at Krispy Kremes at the Block in Orange. Pretty fun people last time I went, and they were pretty interested in looking my 914 over. They still shake their heads that the 914's continue to kill everybody at AX. laugh.gif

Thanks for the pics, and see you soon.

Eric Read
dw914er
damn, I should have gone lol
zonedoubt
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 27 2008, 11:04 AM) *

The lighter green car in the group shot is Tim's '75. His dad was original owner-both were there this am.

Any more photos of this one? biggrin.gif
KaptKaos
Link to pix from C&C:

http://www.carsandcoffee.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

jim_hoyland
Four 914's showed this am:

1. Gus brought a red '74 he recently bought from an Idaho seller. Nice 1.8

2. Ravenna Green- seen this car before,but didn't meet owner yet

3. Rob Stephens V8- mega HP
914_teener
Hey Jim....

Do you go to this regulary. My boss goes to this and said it is pretty interesting. Is it once a month?

Rob
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(914_teener @ Nov 28 2009, 06:48 PM) *

Hey Jim....

Do you go to this regulary. My boss goes to this and said it is pretty interesting. Is it once a month?

Rob

The C & C is every Saturday. It is very interesting, some very rare and nice cars show up. I go about once a month now. Definately worth the drive. If you park with the "show" try to get there by 6:30---which you would do with the 914. There is a seperate parking lot for viewers at the east end. Food is served.

Let me know when you go.
914_teener
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 28 2009, 07:17 PM) *

Hey Jim....

Rob

The C & C is every Saturday. It is very interesting, some very rare and nice cars show up. I go about once a month now. Definately worth the drive. If you park with the "show" try to get there by 6:30---which you would do with the 914. There is a seperate parking lot for viewers at the east end. Food is served.

Let me know when you go.

Will do. I'll shoot you a PM Dec. or Jan. Maybe some other folks would want to go as well.
oldschool
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 28 2009, 07:17 PM) *

Hey Jim....

Rob

Let me know when you go.

believe it or not Jim I haven't had time to put together the stuff I shoot with you and your car,I hope to have a trailer real soon (to bad my ride is still down headbang.gif ) P.S. lets see how many 914 we can get there next time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.