Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: "PORSCHE" rockers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
johnnie5
Does anyone have some of the aftermarket rockers with the raised PORSCHE letters on them they are looking to unload? Brand new in the box would be nice... rocking nana.gif
quadracerx
Yea I could use a set too....

Steve

QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Dec 27 2008, 12:48 PM) *

Does anyone have some of the aftermarket rockers with the raised PORSCHE letters on them they are looking to unload? Brand new in the box would be nice... rocking nana.gif

zx-niner
They aren't new but they are in good shape. They are flared to match GT fenders. You could have them free with local pick-up but I would charge you $30 plus shipping to send.

Click to view attachment
johnnie5
Thank you for the gracious offer zx-niner, but my car does not have flares. I love the look of flared 914's, but being that this car only has 42K original miles, and a near perfect body...it will not be getting flares.
carr914
Garold Shaffer had a set and I think Duc (number 6) had a set as well

T.C.
GaroldShaffer
Garold Shaffer had a set

I do, but they are the flared style plus they need a little work.
number6
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 29 2008, 05:05 AM) *

Garold Shaffer had a set and I think Duc (number 6) had a set as well

T.C.

Unfortunately, mine are flared.

-duc
sawtooth
QUOTE(zx-niner @ Dec 27 2008, 08:04 PM) *

They aren't new but they are in good shape. They are flared to match GT fenders. You could have them free with local pick-up but I would charge you $30 plus shipping to send.

zx-niner, I'd be interested in your flared rockers if the offer is still open. Sent PM.
number6
QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Dec 27 2008, 09:14 PM) *

Thank you for the gracious offer zx-niner, but my car does not have flares. I love the look of flared 914's, but being that this car only has 42K original miles, and a near perfect body...it will not be getting flares.

I've just been told that these all came slightly flared. I can get you some photos showing them on a narrow-body car, if you're interested. Mine are in excellent shape. $75 for the set.

-duc
carr914
As I remember those ABS Rockers with the PORSCHE lettering only came with the slightly flared lip. They don't look bad on a narrow car and are not flared out enough for a car with flares.

T.C.

Here is Adam's (keske968) car with them

Click to view attachment

flippa
I agree with TC & Duc that they were all flared.

I have a set in the shop that are exactly as those shown above. I recently tossed another set (totally trashed) that were also flared.
johnnie5
I had a pair on my guards red '75 (20 years ago) and do remember their being a little bit of a lip on them. But the ones in zx-niners pics look like they have a more dramatic flare to them than what I remember? Do they all have that same drastic flare or am I just hallucinating again? smoke.gif
GaroldShaffer
They are all the same from what I have seen. Over the years I have sold 6 sets off of parts cars I had and they all looked the same as the set zx-niner.
quadracerx
Hey...

Number6 ill take the rockers if johnnie5 doesnt take them....Id feel bad taking them ahead of him since he is the one that originally started this thread...

So if that works...let me know how to pay you, PayPal, Money Order, or?...and what shipping would be to the Seattle area...Zip Code 98424?

So johnnie...its up to you..you have first shot...LOL

Let me know...

Steve
johnnie5
Settle down Steve! stick.gif I had already sent Duc a PM requesting pics.
boxstr
Actually I am removing the rockers from Ducs car today. If you look at the pic up a couple of posts you will see what they look like on a narrow body car, same thing exactly.
CCLINROCKMYWORLD
number6
QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Dec 30 2008, 08:14 AM) *

Settle down Steve! stick.gif I had already sent Duc a PM requesting pics.

Not to worry, Johnnie, I know the dibs order smile.gif

It snowed again here last night, and today was freezing cold, so CAMP was closed. Hopefully Sunday or Monday I can post some pics.

Sorry for the delay.

-duc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.