Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Mechanics in Reno?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
L8KTAHO
Can anyone help me out on a competant 914 mechanic in Reno, nv??
dw914er
try putting it in the right forum, you'll get alot more traffic there

btw, I don't know reno, so I'm little help
ConeDodger
Are there any VW shops in the Reno area? That would be my guess for a place to start. If you are talking major stuff I do know of a couple very good mechanics in the Sacramento area. I use IPB Autosport here when I am over my head or don't have the time...
race914
You might want to go visit these guys and ask about local mechanics

http://www.ebsracing.com/

Probably the best way to get into the local Porsche 'network'
Rhett
QUOTE(L8KTAHO @ Dec 27 2008, 07:27 PM) *

Can anyone help me out on a competant 914 mechanic in Reno, nv??

I'm from Sparks, NV and use "J's VW" for my 411/412 engine work. Talk to Marty. They're located next to the 'spaghetti bowl". ar15.gif
ericread
A lot of us here on the board weren't "competant" mechanics until we bought 914's and started posting messages requesting help. If you feel like turning a wrench or two, post your issues and you'll get an amazing amount of help.

Eric Read
Reno 1975-1982
wavey.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(ericread @ Dec 28 2008, 03:56 PM) *

A lot of us here on the board weren't "competant" mechanics until we bought 914's and started posting messages requesting help. If you feel like turning a wrench or two, post your issues and you'll get an amazing amount of help.

Eric Read
Reno 1975-1982
wavey.gif

agree.gif with Eric! The first thing alot of us buy when we get a 914 for the first time are jackstands! blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.