Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CHT Cylinder head Temperature
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jc914
I have finally got the gauges installed in the car and the wires to the engine bay. (cht and oil pressure) I have been doing searches on the forum but i still have one question. To install the cht senor on cylinder 3 do i have to remove the tin on the engine if yes can it be done without dropping the engine, or can i just use a plug socket with cutting out a notch for the wire to go through.

thanks
jc
QUOTE(jc914 @ Dec 28 2008, 10:17 AM) *

I have finally got the gauges installed in the car and the wires to the engine bay. (cht and oil pressure) I have been doing searches on the forum but i still have one question. To install the cht senor on cylinder 3 do i have to remove the tin on the engine if yes can it be done without dropping the engine, or can i just use a plug socket with cutting out a notch for the wire to go through.

thanks
jc

I ground off one corner of an extension. Worked like a champ.

Good Luck
JKP
rmital
CHT Tool
also...don't forget to put a drop of crazy glue on the washer when re-installing. Don't know any other way to get it in there without it dropping into the tin.
type47
Is this for a CHT gauge or the CH temperature sensor for the signal to the ECU. it sounds like for a gauge. the ring for the gauge is placed under the #3 spark plug and you do not have to remove the tin. if its for the FI sensor, see above.
jc914
its for a CHT Gauge.
southernmost914
Tin on so that when you replace the plugs you do not loose the sensor under the tin. biggrin.gif

Steve
QUOTE(jc914 @ Dec 28 2008, 11:42 AM) *

its for a CHT Gauge.

I ran mine thru the hole in tin for stock CHT sensor not straight thru plug hole in tin. I bored the ring out on the sensor just a little so it moved freely on the plug. I am able to hold the wire when tightening the plug down.

There is a recent thread here or club that Racer Chris has a pic of how he has rigged his up so it stays in place when removing plug.

jkp
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.