Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going to the track
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I'm taking whitey to the track in April. I need to do a couple things, so I'm making a list. I may need a bit of advice on some items.

TO DO LIST
Install Front Swaybar
Install Rear Bar
New Brake Pads (I've used Hawks before, but not on stock brakes) - Recomendations accepted here but remember this may be the only track event for this car, so a good street/track combo pad is what I want.
Replace Brake Fluid
Clean Air Filters

I think that about does it. w00t.gif
ChrisReale
Closer to the event, make sure the wheel bearings are properly adjusted (fronts that is)

Id say do a maintenence job, like oil, valves etc...
drew365
agree.gif I'd say most cars flunk tech because of wheel bearings and batteries not secure enough.
I like to get under the car with all my open ends and tighten everything I can see. You'd be surprised what will work loose when you start putting the car under pressure.
seanery
bearings are good and valve adjustment has about 200 miles on it.
Oil change was done with valves.
URY914
Check EVERY f---ing nut and bolt. More than once.

(I lost a rear wheel once at Sebring, my fault blink.gif )

Paul
seanery
Not to be outdone by Chris & Rich I got my Mod 07 today. It will end up in blue car but I think I'll put it in whitey for the DE in April. Is there a trick to get the horn button to stay in?

I'm looking for a couple items, too.

A used 914 Harness bar
A momo hub for a '72, can be used and not so pretty as it will only be used until blue car gets here.

thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.