Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Repainted doors and trunks today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
I sanded down all the parts that weren't perfect and repainted them today. I got some runs in the clearcoat, but they should be fine when I cut and buff next week.

And not a spec of dust this time! Maybe I'll get this car back together someday.
greenie
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Dec 28 2008, 06:24 PM) *

I sanded down all the parts that weren't perfect and repainted them today. I got some runs in the clearcoat, but they should be fine when I cut and buff next week.

And not a spec of dust this time! Maybe I'll get this car back together someday.

Hi Billy,

Without a doubt you are a perfectionist.

I've been working on my flares, started laying on some filler & shaping them.

I've seen your's they are fantastic.!

How many times did you fill & sand? popcorn[1].gif

I'm up to three rounds already with no end in sight.
PanelBilly
I'm not pulling your leg here, but I bet I did it 20 times. Several times I didn't like the thickness of the filler and ground it down to the metal so I could reform the basic shape. The hammer and dolly are your best choice for shaping.
greenie
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Dec 28 2008, 06:52 PM) *

I'm not pulling your leg here, but I bet I did it 20 times. Several times I didn't like the thickness of the filler and ground it down to the metal so I could reform the basic shape. The hammer and dolly are your best choice for shaping.

I've got a very intimate relationship with my hammer & dolly.

I've put very little filler on, I'm trying to get all the blends right, I think the key is patience.

For every hour I spend I gain a greater respect for the guys that try to make a living doing this.
PanelBilly
I went a bit crazy tring to get the sides equal too. I'd get one flair looking good and then I'd work on the other side and it just din't want to match. If you study my car, you'll see that the two sides are different. I figure its one of the details I just gave up on.

My next major project is going to be rockers and valances.
PeeGreen 914
Billy! No pictures confused24.gif What's the deal? laugh.gif I am sure they will turn out great. I can't wait to see how it comes out. piratenanner.gif
slow914
Welcome to my life hahaha, I used to do what panel billy's been doing but i moved over to the other side and have been much happier, my last job was

IPB Image

and now

IPB Image

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.