Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914.356.202.00 - Rubber Sleeve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Zimms
I tore this part and started to look for a repacement at all of the typical sources, PP, AA, GPR, adn even the local dealer. The PET catalog calls this part out as a "rubber Sleeve". A search on these sites and the dealer for this part number brings up a "Drain Brush" and it is NLA. In the long run, I can just use the return line part, 914.356.201.00 and take material out of the ID to match the main line diameter.

BUT, now I am curious. The 914.356.201.00 is readily available. Why would one be available and the other not? Why the difference in description from the PET to "Drain Brush"?

Both parts had another set of numbers molded into the top lip along with the part number. They didn't help me track down the original, but they are:

914.356.201.00 - 48107 2 33
914.356.202.00 - 48107 A2 24

Anyone else run across this?
914werke
picture?
Zimms
Click to view attachment

914.356.202.00 on the left.

914.356.201.00 on the right.

Physical dimensions are identical except for the ID.
AvalonFal
The AA catalog shows both sizes available - page 44.

Paul
Lavanaut
dc Automotive claims to have one, used, for $5:

http://dcauto.gotdns.com/illustration/index/2431312

It *does* show up in the PP catalog as "rubber sleeve", NLA, but it's in the 911 catalog.

AA shows it used as "rubber sleeve", $5.50, new "drain brush".. $1. biggrin.gif Of course that doesn't necessarily mean they have either in stock.

The "drain brush" label is probably just an error that's been propagated over the years.

Let us know what you find!
Zimms
No luck. I had e-mailed PP and they told me it was NLA. I ordered one from AA since it was listed on the website, but got an e-mail today that it is indeed, NLA. I thought the price difference was odd, but for $1 I figured the worst case is I would find out what a drain brush was.

It's odd that there are two identical parts except for the ID, and one is NLA. Maybe the mold was dropped?
McMark
Larger fuel line = more mass = more vibration damage = more replaced parts.... idea.gif maybe...
IronHillRestorations
I got some of those from Porsche about eight months ago. They only have one size, the larger one, and it's a hard plastic not rubber. I'll take a pic if I get the chance.
914Sixer
I got 2 of the 9mm (larger one) a couple of months ago from Porsche. The 7mm (smaller one) is NLA. I need to look for something from West Coast Metric that will cross over from VW. I bet there is something we can use.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.