Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Save these parts from the scrap heap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
zx-niner
These parts are going with my next load to the junk yard unless someone wants something. They are yours for speaking up and picking them up, or for the price of shipping. No hurry on the pick up, I just need to know not to throw them out.
Although not on the throw-out list yet, the same pick-up or shipping deal exists on a pair of early-style doors with windows & regulators, one pair of rear brake calipers and five pair of front brake calipers.
1. Two sets of 1.7/1.8 exhaust pipes, fairly tight heat exchangers, no noticeable oil
2. Two solid 1.7/1.8 mufflers, fair chrome tips
3. Complete tail shift linkage
4. Blaupunkt radio, unkown vintage and condition
5. R and L heat diverter valves
6. Top, fair condition, needs seals
7. Miscellaneous trim
8. Tire jacks
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Gint
I'll gladly pay for shipping for the diverter valves and all of that trim. I'm on no particular rush. Shipping would be to 80241. Lemme know!
zx-niner
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 28 2008, 08:19 PM) *

I'll gladly pay for shipping for the diverter valves and all of that trim. I'm on no particular rush. Shipping would be to 80241. Lemme know!

I should be able to get the long stuff in a tube or long box and the other in a single, well padded box. I'll get you a quote.
Gint
Thanks!
Slick914
What's wrong with the top other than needing seals?
zonedoubt
I'll take the Blaupunkt radio. PM sent.
bdstone914

PM sent
JeffBowlsby
Is that an engine support bar for a side shift? If so I will take it. Pleas email me amount and payment details.
carr914
2nd Dibs on the Blaupunkt ( I don't care whether it works or not) if Zone passes.

T.C.
computers4kids
Hi Steve, are you tossing that Raby motor yet...if so I'll take it biggrin.gif That is one sweet looking engine.

If the top is still available, I would like to pick one up that I can sand smooth and paint body color.

Mark
zx-niner
QUOTE(Slick914 @ Dec 28 2008, 10:02 PM) *

Nothing really, just old. The finish seems different than my other top, maybe smoother. Oh, and the handle on one of the front clips is broke. It still hooks to the windshield frame fine, though. Feminine hands might have a difficult time unlatching it.
zx-niner
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Dec 28 2008, 11:06 PM) *

Is that an engine support bar for a side shift? If so I will take it. Pleas email me amount and payment details.

No, it's the engine mount bar for tail shift-- for those who want to back-date their trannies. But I do have an extra side shift bar. I could probably find the rest of the side shift components, too. I'll look and save them for you, and get a shipping quote.
Slick914
QUOTE(zx-niner @ Dec 29 2008, 04:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Slick914 @ Dec 28 2008, 10:02 PM) *

Nothing really, just old. The finish seems different than my other top, maybe smoother. Oh, and the handle on one of the front clips is broke. It still hooks to the windshield frame fine, though. Feminine hands might have a difficult time unlatching it.

Thanks, but I'll pass since Mark wants it and might be local to you. I'm looking for one that still has the original, rough finish.
zx-niner
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Dec 29 2008, 06:53 AM) *

Hi Steve, are you tossing that Raby motor yet...if so I'll take it biggrin.gif That is one sweet looking engine.

LOL, that ol' thing? Well since you asked, I decided to take it and everything to a professional. It's currently at Hovey's in Modesto where Chris is installing the multitude of parts that were beyond my expertise. He's also fixed a couple of rust issues and installed my junk yard sway bars. I can't say enough good about his work. Here's the engine with A/C, ignition coil and remote oil filter attached. My Tangerine exhaust is in the background. I'll start another thread when I get a couple more pictures of his work.

Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
QUOTE(zx-niner @ Dec 28 2008, 10:17 PM) *

I am in need of one of those jacks. Can you quote shipping to Andover, Kansas 67002?

Thanks a million!

Mike
zx-niner
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Dec 30 2008, 03:10 PM) *

I am in need of one of those jacks. Can you quote shipping to Andover, Kansas 67002?

Thanks a million!

Mike

It's hard to tell in the photo, but the near jack is a couple of inches shorter than the other two. I assume you want the longer one?

Steve
Kansas 914

It's hard to tell in the photo, but the near jack is a couple of inches shorter than the other two. I assume you want the longer one?

Steve

Hi Steve,

I don't know which one is correct for a 1974 - but let's assume the longer one unless someome tell us differently.

Let me know the total with shipping. PayPal to the same address as before okay?

Happy New Year!

Mike
zx-niner
Yes on the PayPal. For everyone who responded and got my PM back, I plan to spend New Years Day packaging things up so I can get shipping quotes Friday. I'll then let everyone know the cost so they can say "yea" or "nay."
Steve
Gint
QUOTE(zx-niner @ Dec 31 2008, 05:05 PM) *
Yes on the PayPal. For everyone who responded and got my PM back, I plan to spend New Years Day packaging things up so I can get shipping quotes Friday. I'll then let everyone know the cost so they can say "yea" or "nay."
Steve

I didn't get a PM. I would still like these parts if you can swing it.

QUOTE(zx-niner @ Dec 28 2008, 09:28 PM) *
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 28 2008, 08:19 PM) *
I should be able to get the long stuff in a tube or long box and the other in a single, well padded box. I'll get you a quote.

zx-niner
Here are the FedEx shipping estimates for parts to those who spoke up first:

Gint: heater flapper valves and trim, $25
DYW914: Blaupunkt and rear brakes, $15; single outlet muffler, $23
Sawtooth: GT flares, $35
Bluzemn: 1.7/1.8 exhaust pipes/heat exchanger, $25
Kansas914: Jack, $12
BDStone: 2.0 exhaust, pick-up by Computers4Kids
Computers4Kids: Top, meet you in Fresno next week, Mark?
RoadsterFan: old style doors and tail shift linkage, pick-up
Bowlsby: Side shift engine bar, linkage, TBD (sorry Jeff)

I think that's it. I did round the numbers up to cover boxes and packing peanuts. Let me know if you concur, then PM your actual shipping address. I'll give you my PayPal and ship things out. If you have second thoughts, no problem, others are on the list if anyone changes their mind.

Thanks to everyone for keeping these parts in circulation.
carr914
Steve, I thought I was 2nd in line for the Blaupunkt after zonedoubt? Oh Well, if DYW doesn't want it let me know.

T.C.
Gint
Paypal sent. Thanks Steve!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.