Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Brake Backing Plate Scoops...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Every time I get out my welder I realize what freaks of nature guys like Hailpern and Foley really are! (yes, you are and you know it!!) biggrin.gif

I had some old rear backing plates, a welder, some spare tin and a lot of time. Thank God I had a lot of time because grinding down $hitty welds can take a while! lol3.gif

I hate welding this thin crap. We'll see if anything becomes of it.

Crappy pictures included:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mrs. K
Be careful.............don't burn yourself! smile.gif

Wouldn't want to change your Salmon color to RED! shades.gif
914werke
Uh ...why confused24.gif
Twise
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Dec 28 2008, 10:59 PM) *

Uh ...why confused24.gif

Because he can...
Eric_Shea
I was hoping for a shot at infamy confused24.gif

I was just playing around. I don't know if it would be any more effective than simply leaving them off.

Some times you just need some alone time. Just you, your welder, a grinder, some tin snips and that little voice that says; "don't you have anything better to be doing right now?"
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 29 2008, 08:57 AM) *

I was hoping for a shot at infamy confused24.gif

I was just playing around. I don't know if it would be any more effective than simply leaving them off.

Some times you just need some alone time. Just you, your welder, a grinder, some tin snips, a salmon colored shirt and that little voice that says; "don't you have anything better to be doing right now?"

happy11.gif
sixnotfour
"don't you have anything better to be doing right now?"

oh like tearing down the 3.0 ?
Richard Casto
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 29 2008, 12:35 AM) *

I hate welding this thin crap.

The fun part of welding thin metal is that when you switch back to thicker metal is seems so easy!
Spoke
Looks cool. To keep debris out, the scoops would need screens.
Eric_Shea
oh like tearing down the 3.0 ?

There is that...

To-Do List

Tear down 3.0
Send MFI TB's to Jeff
Send Heads to Jeff
Get life

Hey... I got my pump out. It's a 74 so it should be "cam-able" Looks like it's off to Gusland with that now.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Jeff Hail
Yep freaks of nature. Turning a solid to liquid and then back to a solid. I will take that compliment Eric and run with it. I am sure Foley is lol too.

To heck with celebrating tonight. I'm gonna burn some metal.

Happy New Year
sixnotfour
Ralph Meaney told while sailing in Nanfuckit Bay , he learned some air flow insight , throw a bucket over the side oif a sailboat and as it scoops water creates drag slowing that side of the boat. So creating a scoop can do only one thing redirect airflow , or slow the boat.

Happy New Year
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Jeff Hail @ Dec 31 2008, 10:06 PM) *

Yep freaks of nature. Turning a solid to liquid and then back to a solid. I will take that compliment Eric and run with it. I am sure Foley is lol too.

Happy New Year

biggrin.gif
Yeah, that stuff is a piece of cake for me nowadays.
Lately I've been practicing how to stretch and shrink sheet metal with controlled pressure, to create curved shapes (like body panels), using a variety of tools, both electric and human powerred.

As long as you're enjoying yourself Eric, it's worth the effort.
Eric_Shea
I've been practicing how to stretch and shrink sheet metal with controlled pressure, to create curved shapes

Freak! biggrin.gif

I was actually laughing out loud at myself at times! w00t.gif

Happy New Year Guys!! From one of your greatest admirers wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.