Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stainless Steel rocker covers, who made these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
I pulled the next parts car in the shop yesterday, a 1970 with more rust that metal. I was shocked to see the driver side rocker panel was in great shape. I pulled it off and it is stainless steel hence the reason for no rust. I had a parts car at the begining of 08 that had one on the passenger side and I assumed some PO made it. It is exact copy of the orginal ones. Now that I have this one I guess these were made available some time in the past as an aftermarket item? The cool thing is now I have a complete set. They have a few small dents in them, but that can't be fixed with a little hammer work. So does anyone know who made these and when?

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

I will post pictures later today.
Mark Henry
I know a guy east of here had a set made by a local sheet metal shop.
Pretty easy for a shop to make, so yes they could have been custom made.
GaroldShaffer
I guess it is possible that they were custom made, just thought it might have been a product offered in the past since each one came off a two different parts cars. One from Michigan and one from Wisconsin.
jesiv
Rich Bontempi,

Has a set for sell. I would venture to guess Rich would know or at least could point you in the right direction. Rich is a wealth of knowledge and unobtainable parts!

http://www.highperformancehouse.com/

Tell Rich I said hi.

Regards,

James
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.