Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need some incite with 5 lug rear hubs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
so I have a V-8 car with Carrera brakes, rotors and hubs (?).
I removed the hubs, having to wiggle them off with some force. The bearing race seems to have a lip which is giving me trouble putting things together. The bearing race is on the rotor side and the balls are still in the hub..

Before I destroy smash.gif something I thought it a good idea to ask for HELP!

drive-ability
well after a cup of coffee I pulled the bearing race off the rotor side. I assume I need to replace the bearing. I also assume I need to draw it in slowly...
Now to find the bearings. drunk.gif
Jeffs9146
Yes and Yes!!

The bearing should be replaced and cool it when you mount it into the trailing arm and let it warm up before installing the "cold" hubs.
drive-ability
Hey,
This looks like the bearing, what do you all think ????????? smash.gif

999-053-020-01-M34 Rear Wheel Bearing, 911 (1974-89)
Brand: FAG
pete-stevers
incite.... poke.gif or insight...
jaxdream
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Dec 29 2008, 06:40 PM) *

incite.... poke.gif or insight...

Fag number on the inside race 545495AD box says SAaB 900 81/ also outside of box says ( yes boxes talk to me ! ) 9104209
also have a Federal Mogul / BCA set box labeled 513106 , strangely enough the Federal box has a FAG with the aforementioned FAG number. These are for all 914 4 and 914 6 , as well as early 911 with steel trailing arms . ehat you quoted for the 74-89 is the aluminum arm version which uses a wider bearing and would not be suitable for a 914 arm ( severe modification needed ) check around, some of the guys here may have a set for sale, I personnaly am going to keep mine for my 5 lug swap . And yes slowly !!!Good luck !!!!!

Jaxdream
drive-ability
I do have a bit of a Hybrid, l have a 930 trans set-up with Carrera brakes and I think the hub as well.
The bearing dimensions are outside diameter 80 mm, inside is 42 mm,
width of housing is 42 mm.
There are 2 cages of ball bearings.
Jeffs9146
Unless someone cut off the bearing races and welded on late 911 or 944 races (seen it done) then I would still guess it is a 914 part!
drive-ability
I sent a pic and the measurements to Jason at Pelican,
he said this is the part number. 999-053-020-01
The control arms have been modified. welder.gif
Jeffs9146
You should post a photo here so we can be enlightened!
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
drive-ability
IPB Image

IPB Image
r_towle
Insight
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.