Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Retrofit vent windows?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
IPB Image

Has anyone ever put these types of windows on the 914? I am guessing that they planned for them, but pulled them due to costs.

Anyone ever retro fit them?
Wilhelm
I've always liked vent windows. Are these custom made?, plastic?, bug windows? or from some other vehicle that just fits?
KaptKaos
That's actually a Jetta I door.

I like vent windows too, that's why I thought I'd ask.
anderssj
Nice idea--I'd like to see the results. Will probably take some fabrication skills that are beyond me . . . .

Without a forward part of the vent window frame on the 914 door, it might be tough finding somewhere to mount the upper "hinge" for the vent window.
maf914
I also liked vent windows. Then, after they disappeared, I had a couple of cars with rear vent windows (the rear hinged out) (Datsun 510 2-door and Mazda 626 coupe) that provided good ventilation (as well as wind noise laugh.gif ). Now that everything has A/C vent windows have basically become history.
Bruce Hinds
Vent windows were nice. But A/C did them in.... Here's another Idea for the location that I had and wonder if anyone's tried is to add another cars electric mirrors. Some cars have that space filled with a mount for electric mirrors. We have a Sebring convertable they are almost the right size and I sure like the shape. I've thought about replacing the glass with something like that since I run A/C anyway.
B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.