Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior carpet installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
When I put this stuff in, do I need to glue it down?
If you glue it, how do you get to stuff in the tunnel?

Zach
PeeGreen 914
The 4 914s I have had only had glue on the longs, Foot well and tunnel. The other pieces just sat there like floor mats. I don't know if they were correct but they looked good.

What goes IN the tunnel? confused24.gif
r_towle
glue the side of the long.
Glue the piece on the drivers side foot well area.
I dont glue anything else

Rich
tod914
I wouldn't, incase you want to or need to clean them. The long pieces are held in by the inner threshold strip. The speakers secure the foot rest pieces, the defroster button holds the center piece in place. Give it a try without, then go from there. Maybe if you want a more secure fit, you could try some velcro, but don't think it's needed.
xperu
Zach, I used Velcro to keep it on place in the tunnel area and the pan areas; it keeps it in place very well. Mike
Slick914
Velcro sounds like a good idea.

I used double sided carpet tape on mine. Strong enough to hold it in place, but you can still pull the carpet up should the need arise.
GaroldShaffer
I just did the Morph carpet kit in my 70. I glued everything except for the floor pans. I used the 3M carpet/headliner glue. It has just engough hold to hold the carpet in place, but if needed I can pull it up and re-glue later.
maf914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 29 2008, 03:02 PM) *

glue the side of the long.
Glue the piece on the drivers side foot well area.
I dont glue anything else

Rich

agree.gif

On my 76 the center tunnel carpet is held by the heater lever light fixture which screws into the tunnel. In original carpet sets this piece is sort of molded to fit the tunnel. The sides of this carpet piece are covered and held down by the left and right main carpet sections.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.