Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Help needed in Billings Montana tonight. Handled!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
My youngest son is on tour with three friends heading across the US. He just called and told me their about 60 mile east of Billings Montana and the temp guage is on hot but they were at a gas station and where checking the coolant. I told him to call AAA and get towed to Billings. They would drive this thing until they fried it if I hadn't called back to check on them.
Does anyone know the area?
Can you recommend a repair shop?

There isn't one of these guys that has any mechanical ability what so ever.

Their van is a 15 passanger E350 Ford loaded with band gear!

Call me if you can help. two one eight four two eight three five three eight
mtn flyr
Rick,

I'm about two hours west of there, I will make a few calls and see if I can come up with a recomendation.

Dave
rick 918-S
QUOTE(mtn flyr @ Dec 29 2008, 06:32 PM) *

Rick,

I'm about two hours west of there, I will make a few calls and see if I can come up with a recomendation.

Dave

Thanks Dave! I did a google search and found many repair shops there but only one 24 hr place. Zanes. I called there but the guy was not open. He answered his phone anyway.

mtn flyr
Now that you mention it, I had a truck worked on at Zanes, they took it in after hours and did their best to get us on our way. There were no issues. Also Browns Automotive was reccomended, hope all goes well.

Dave
rick 918-S
Thanks, That does help. Just got a text message. They are at the hotel for the night so I know their safe and off the highway. Kids! Can't tell em nothing.
KELTY360
I was in Billings in September and stored my 914 for a few days at a limo service. Really nice gal named Cindy owned the business; she may have a recommendation of a service place. If your son calls just have him remind her of the 914 guy from last summer.

A-Limo Limousine Service
405 N 12th
Billings, MT
(406) 252-2536

Hope this helps.

Post #908
rick 918-S
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Dec 29 2008, 09:43 PM) *

I was in Billings in September and stored my 914 for a few days at a limo service. Really nice gal named Cindy owned the business; she may have a recommendation of a service place. If your son calls just have him remind her of the 914 guy from last summer.

A-Limo Limousine Service
405 N 12th
Billings, MT
(406) 252-2536

Hope this helps.

Post #908

Thank you. I will be calling them boys bright and early to get them in motion.
KELTY360

So, did they get back on the road? I don't envy them being stuck in Billings this time of year, but I'm sure being from Minnesota helps.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Dec 30 2008, 06:20 PM) *

So, did they get back on the road? I don't envy them being stuck in Billings this time of year, but I'm sure being from Minnesota helps.

Yes, thanks, The hose connection to the rear heater failed and they lost the coolant. $250.00 to get it repaired. No rear heat anymore but the rear is mostly band equipment anyway. They are almost to Spokane WA now for their next show.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.