Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: blower hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CHAZT54
beerchug.gif here's hoping Pat or one of you guys can help me. I am new here, just acquired a "74 2.0 and am finishing up a restore. This car has the blower motor located on the driver's side near the volt. reg., and has only one outlet to fasten a hose to but there is a pipe sticking up from both sides, (heat exchangers) to fasten a hose to. I have seen engine bay photos showing the hose going from the blower to the drivers side lower pipe but not what gets fastened to the RH pipe. Can someone tell me the correct routing & hookup?
johnnie5
CHAZT54,
Sounds like you have a late blower, and you need a splitter. I bought all of these heat parts pictured below from Zaney, except the blower motor and splitter (splitter circled in red). I think he is trying to sell the two items together. However, looking at his pic, his blower does not need that splitter. You could ask him for it, his ad is still up in classifieds. Or, you could place a "WTB" ad in the classifieds, and are sure to get your hands on one. Good luck, and from a fellow newbie...
welcome.png
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(CHAZT54 @ Dec 29 2008, 10:05 PM) *

beerchug.gif here's hoping Pat or one of you guys can help me. I am new here, just acquired a "74 2.0 and am finishing up a restore. This car has the blower motor located on the driver's side near the volt. reg., and has only one outlet to fasten a hose to but there is a pipe sticking up from both sides, (heat exchangers) to fasten a hose to. I have seen engine bay photos showing the hose going from the blower to the drivers side lower pipe but not what gets fastened to the RH pipe. Can someone tell me the correct routing & hookup?

73-early 75 models all had the blower mounted on the left engine shelf with one short hose connecting to the left j pipe. By late 75 and 76 a branch piece was attached to the blower motor and an additional long hose routed to the passenger j pipe. Many have retrofitted the branch and hose to get dual blow into the heat exchangers to increase the passenger heat flow. The branch was discontinued years ago, we had it made in China and sell it as our heater update kit.
70-72 models had a dual blower motor mounted on the top drivers side of the engine impellor housing and two hoses connected. (the drivers side of a larger diameter than the passenger side) The blower did not provide the volume of movement that the 73-76 provided.
IronHillRestorations
Consider this:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...ic=89038&hl

Remember the search feature is your friend!
CHAZT54
thanks for the help, Johnny5 - did you buy the long lengths of hose from Zaney also? Do you have his email?
chazt54
[b][size=5]
QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Dec 29 2008, 11:45 PM) *

CHAZT54,
Sounds like you have a late blower, and you need a splitter. I bought all of these heat parts pictured below from Zaney, except the blower motor and splitter (splitter circled in red). I think he is trying to sell the two items together. However, looking at his pic, his blower does not need that splitter. You could ask him for it, his ad is still up in classifieds. Or, you could place a "WTB" ad in the classifieds, and are sure to get your hands on one. Good luck, and from a fellow newbie...
welcome.png

CHAZT54
thanks for responding - how much is your heater update kit and what is included?
CHAZT
oi[b][size=5]
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 30 2008, 06:38 AM) *

QUOTE(CHAZT54 @ Dec 29 2008, 10:05 PM) *

73-early 75 models all had the blower mounted on the left engine shelf with one short hose connecting to the left j pipe. By late 75 and 76 a branch piece was attached to the blower motor and an additional long hose routed to the passenger j pipe. Many have retrofitted the branch and hose to get dual blow into the heat exchangers to increase the passenger heat flow. The branch was discontinued years ago, we had it made in China and sell it as our heater update kit.
70-72 models had a dual blower motor mounted on the top drivers side of the engine impellor housing and two hoses connected. (the drivers side of a larger diameter than the passenger side) The blower did not provide the volume of movement that the 73-76 provided.

mtndawg
Does someone have a picture and/or diagram of the blower ducts for a 1.7. I don't understand how the ducts connect the drivers side to the passenger side in the engine compartment under the car. The Haynes doesn't have a diagram for this layout. Thanks!
tod914
The Concours forum here has lots of engine bay pictures. Give that a try.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.