Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why can't I post pics all of a sudden?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cheapsnake
I'm trying to post pics to my build thread and I get the message that I've exceeded my global limit and need to remove some of my attachments from storage. But when I go to "Manage attachments" I can't find any way to delete attachments. BTW, I've got 3.69M on file but it says I've got unlimited space available. Anybody got a clue they can lend me?

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Tom
plymouth37
I would try shrinking them to 800 pixles wide with a photo editor then try to post them, they may just be too big.
If thats not the problem then I have no clue..
Gint
That unlimited "space message available" is a lie. wink.gif

You're limited in the the total file space per post. Reduce the image sizes or reduce the number of images per post. In other words, if you're trying to put 5 images in one post, reduce that number to 3 and post the other 2 in another post (in the same thread of coarse).

Resizing your pics to 800x600 and reducing the overall file size is really the best solution. Humor me please and read this thread eh? I like to think the time I spend doing threads like this isn't totally wasted.

Link to Adding Pictures to Your Post thread in the FAQ forum
smontanaro
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 30 2008, 02:07 PM) *
Resizing your pics to 800x600 and reducing the overall file size is really the best solution.

But then the images aren't really suitable for use as desktop backgrounds sad.gif
Gint
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Dec 30 2008, 03:08 PM) *
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 30 2008, 02:07 PM) *
Resizing your pics to 800x600 and reducing the overall file size is really the best solution.
But then the images aren't really suitable for use as desktop backgrounds sad.gif

I don't get it...

That's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about posting images on this web forum. It doesn't require monster image sizes. You can resize an image to post on a web forum and still have an image in the original size to use as a background or desktop image on your box.

I always downsize pics when posting on them on any web forum or sending them in an email. Common courtesy to the web admin, users with slow connections or the email recipient.
smontanaro
Sure, but us leaches like to use the cool pix people post as wallpaper sometimes... If you are posting pix of that cool car you saw at Pebble Beach I'd prefer a somewhat larger format at the expense of fewer pix per post... Build thread pix probably wouldn't float my boat that way, but there are some situations where fewer larger images are preferable to more smaller images.
SirAndy
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Dec 30 2008, 02:18 PM) *

Sure, but us leaches like to use the cool pix people post as wallpaper sometimes... If you are posting pix of that cool car you saw at Pebble Beach I'd prefer a somewhat larger format at the expense of fewer pix per post... Build thread pix probably wouldn't float my boat that way, but there are some situations where fewer larger images are preferable to more smaller images.

How about, instead of making life a living hell for everybody else so that just you can *maybe* leach an image from this forum and use it as your desktop background whenever you find an image you like, you simply *ASK* the owner if you can have a higher resolution image for yourself ...

stirthepot.gif Andy
Cheapsnake
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 30 2008, 12:07 PM) *

That unlimited "space message available" is a lie. wink.gif

You're limited in the the total file space per post. Reduce the image sizes or reduce the number of images per post. In other words, if you're trying to put 5 images in one post, reduce that number to 3 and post the other 2 in another post (in the same thread of coarse).

Resizing your pics to 800x600 and reducing the overall file size is really the best solution. Humor me please and read this thread eh? I like to think the time I spend doing threads like this isn't totally wasted.

Link to Adding Pictures to Your Post thread in the FAQ forum

I read the thread and resized to 800x600 - eureka, problem solved.
Rest assured, Gint, your time wasn't wasted. However, that "Manage Attachments" tool is totally useless unless you can actually manage attachments. Thanks for the help.

Tom
Joe Bob
The admins originally discussed 800x600 or vice vesa, assuming every idjut framed the pics that way.....I seem to remember 800x800 as the accepted size based on a compromise suggestion by an ex admin.

But I could be wrong......I hallucinate....
smontanaro
Excuse me. I guess implied smileys don't work around here. Sheesh.
ericread
Sheesh is right... A lot of cranky people hanging around lately...

Cheer Up Godammit!!!!!

(implied smiley) lol3.gif

Eric
SirAndy
Hey, X-Mas is over and the gloves are once again *OFF* and stowed away until next years holidays ... chair.gif

biggrin.gif Andy
Joe Bob
I shoot all my pics in high rez and the ones that are worth saving get sized smaller for emails and postings. I still keep the higher rez ones in case in the rare case, they get printed.

I just bought my twins a Nikon point and shoot camera. I'm teaching them photo editing, storage and filing. Hopefully they'll pick up on the tricks I've learned over the years.

What irks me is when I get a new computer I have to re-learn the photo proccessing program. Why can't they just leave the commands the same or allow me to keep using a familiar program. Geez, enough already with the bells and whistles....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.