Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CV joint question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
Today Joe and I checked out a stash of parts in York. The guy had a few boxes of assorted CV joints. I got the only 914 joint he had left.

However, there were several (NIB) CV joints that started with part number 923 that looked identical to the 914 unit. I know that they are 911 CVs, but do they interchange? Or is the CV that I bought really a 914-6 CV that won't work on my /4? The part number on the one I scored is 91433202903 and was made by GKN Automotive.

Mine (on the car) are in good shape, but it made sense to me to buy this as a spare.

Zach
VaccaRabite
Okay, I just cross referenced the part, and mine is a standard NOS CV joint for a 914.

The 923xxxx? CV for the 911 seemed to be identical. Same diameter, same thickness, and the bolt holes were int he same place. Are the splines different? There has to be some difference, or should i have bought the 911 CVs and bolted?

Zach
degreeoff
could'nt be that easy....i think the splines are different
kconway
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 30 2008, 11:38 AM) *

Today Joe and I checked out a stash of parts in York.

Was it this stash? http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=708147
southernmost914
If I remeber correctly: 72-76 914-4 CV have 37 splines
70-72 914-6 CV have 28 splines, Maybe that was just the wheel hubs stub axle?

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.