Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone familiar with this '74 2.0 for sale?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blu82
http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/ctd/971346547.html

Found this on craigslist for sale up here in Bellevue, WA. Is anyone here familiar with this 914 and its history? What do any of you think of the price?
rjames
I saw that add for the car, too. Looks very nice. I'll let others comment on the price. Although personally since it's in such good shape for that amount of $ I'd like to see it put back completely to stock (steering wheel, non-painted fuchs, period-correct radio, remove the reflector).

Sweet looking car though!

blu82
QUOTE(rjames @ Dec 30 2008, 04:42 PM) *

I saw that add for the car, too. Looks very nice. I'll let others comment on the price. Although personally since it's in such good shape for that amount of $ I'd like to see it put back completely to stock (steering wheel, non-painted fuchs, period-correct radio, remove the reflector).

Sweet looking car though!

I spoke with the dealer and learned it was placed there on consignment, and that someone from Cal hired an inspector to check it out today. The inspector checked it out, test drove it and gave it 5 stars. I told them 8K was the most I could afford at this time (based on it being as clean as the pics looked), and they said they won't let it go for that amount.
championgt1
Nice looking car. It is at parkplace. I believe most of the cars there are on consingment. They usually ask a premium for the cars they do have, that being said the cars they have on there lot are usually pretty nice.

Oh yeah. welcome.png
PeeGreen 914

My best friend, who has a nice 914, and his brother work for parkplace. What would you like to know about it? After seeing the pics and hearing what the inspetion shown I would say they are asking a fair price.
jcambo7
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Dec 30 2008, 07:29 PM) *

My best friend, who has a nice 914, and his brother work for parkplace. What would you like to know about it? After seeing the pics and hearing what the inspetion shown I would say they are asking a fair price.

Wow Jon, you sound so special! JK LOL! av-943.gif chairfall.gif That 914 looks awesome. I really am beginning to like the color light ivory on them too.
welcome.png aktion035.gif
SirAndy
LE?

idea.gif Andy
type47
nice looking car. i don't mean this to be a criticism, just an observation: it's odd to see silver button gauges on a high '74 VIN car.
blu82
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Dec 30 2008, 05:29 PM) *

I was curious to know if anyone here knows that car, and how "clean" it is such as no rust or very little rust, any known accidents, mechanicals etc, and of course if this price of $12950 is a price others here would pay for this vehicle. From the pics alone, it looks very clean. It doesn't seem to have the center console which is something I would like to have. How important is this center console to some of you? I haven't been able to make my way over there to check it out myself, but then again I can't really afford $13k at this time so I would only be torturing myself.

BTW Phoenix, I've seen the pics of your 914 and must say that they are awesome.
ericread
QUOTE(blu82 @ Dec 30 2008, 08:22 PM) *

I haven't been able to make my way over there to check it out myself, but then again I can't really afford $13k at this time so I would only be torturing myself.

If you can't afford 13K, then step away and keep looking. In this shirty economy, youwill find a value you can afford, but it'll take longer to find. Don't torture yourself over this car any more.

Eric

JeffBowlsby
It could be an LE, the VIN is within the correct range. But if it is an original car many things would have had to have been changed, and the car has been repainted....its possible to be an LE, and it does have the grey headlight relay covers.

$13K for this modified car? confused24.gif

The condition may be good, but some things are irregular and for me, and detract from the value:

AX suspension
No COA
Hood badge, euro lenses and a tailpanel reflector
Non-original radio
Please tell me those Fuchs are not painted white... gayfight.gif
Exactly which upgraded exhaust?
Only black painted bumpers?

Oh and the dash gauges are the early-74 silver center...not correct for that late of a VIN...

bye1.gif
blu82
Eric - right on about the shirty economy, and i have other worries right now...
I'll keep looking, remain patient, and hopefully something will pop up.

Jeff - very good points to consider. things an untrained person like me would not
know about. Thank you!
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Dec 30 2008, 09:06 PM) *

It could be an LE, the VIN is within the correct range. But if it is an original car many things would have had to have been changed, and the car has been repainted....its possible to be an LE, and it does have the grey headlight relay covers.

$13K for this modified car? confused24.gif

The condition may be good, but some things are irregular and for me, and detract from the value:

AX suspension
No COA
Hood badge, euro lenses and a tailpanel reflector
Non-original radio
Please tell me those Fuchs are not painted white... gayfight.gif
Exactly which upgraded exhaust?
Only black painted bumpers?

Oh and the dash gauges are the early-74 silver center...not correct for that late of a VIN...

bye1.gif

I agree that it is not perfect however, the things that are not perfect are simple to change.

After talking with my friend on this he gave the car very high marks. He is very picky so I am willing to say it is worth every dollar they are asking. They should be getting the COA any day so it will tell if it is an LE. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks blu82, I've put a lot of blood and sweat into my car and am very happy with it piratenanner.gif . You will have to come to a Teener Tuesday sometime. On the center console issue I personally can't stand them. I love the extra room on the floor you have without them. aktion035.gif

Be patient and you will find a nice car you can afford. Figure out exactly what you want to do with your 914 and look for one that is what you really want. I remember last year Sir Lawrence sold his 6 for about 8500 so great cars can be had for reasonable prices and sometimes just out right steals.
rhodyguy
i'm with jeff on this one. $13k seems to be a premium price for that car. i think more reasonably priced cars can be found in the classifieds here and other sites.
PeeGreen 914
Again, Squire gave this car top marks on the inspection. Any who know Squire know he is going to look this car over with a fine toothed comb. The car appears to be in close to as nice shape as the 914 that fetched 20+k. The things that are not period correct can be fixed for about 1k. If it does show to be an LE then even better. This is the kind of car one buys to make it concours.
tod914
http://www.parkplaceltd.com/inventoryDispl...t=1&size=50

Look how clean the battery tray is. If that is any indication of the condition of the rest of the car, I don't think the price is too far off. Might be a couple grand
high due to the softened economy, but certianly not much more than that. Seems like it does not have fog lights, guessing no sway bars either. Radio easy to replace. The Motorolla's can be obtained for $50 - $150. Blaupunkts $100 - $250. To repair the drill holes in the back panel and repaint that panel should not be that much. Think the biggest issue is to undo the suspension, if that was an issue. Very trivial. Might cost your a couple grand to undo all that.
Isn't it easier to undo those mods for a couple grand and have a beautiful stock car, or would you rather bring a 5 - 7k up to those standards? Bet the later would cost you more. And, chances of finding one with no apparent rust like this one is very slight.
Center console looks cool, but more comfortable to drive without. On the same lines with Phoenix on this car. Im looking at the car from the perspective of no rust and what appears to be an excellent repaint. Guessing if it was done in the 80's it's still probally single stage smile.gif Very nice color. Light Ivory looks even better in person. Offer 11k and see what they say.
Think in a year from now, you'll start seeing some real bargains.
rhodyguy
to continue the discussion. 12.950k plus the sales tax (what ever that would be for king county), i used 8.6% for another $1113, so $14k and change. thrown in the title and agent fees, the $1k+ to spruce it up(doing the wheels correctly would run a good portion of that with shippingx2), and you'd be well on your way to $15k.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.