Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Still routed to CLUBNARP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
A computer challenged person that I won't name. It starts with Kevin. Is still being routed to Clubnarp whenever he trys to log in to 914world??WTF??
Thanks
Craig
Jeffs9146
Tell him to clear out his cookies!

ericread
Sounds like he didn't pay his dues on time. Have him send me a check for $150.00 and I'll take care of it right away...

(implied smiley)

Eric lol3.gif

greenie
Let him know I have the same problem, it'll make him feel better. smile.gif

Also this recent snowsnown has wilted my Rhody's. sad.gif

Happy New Year Craig!

sixnotfour
I wonder if he is ready for digital TV ?
Gint
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 30 2008, 08:59 PM) *
I wonder if he is ready for digital TV ?

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE(boxstr @ Dec 30 2008, 06:15 PM) *

A computer challenged person that I won't name. It starts with Kevin. Is still being routed to Clubnarp whenever he trys to log in to 914world??WTF??
Thanks
Craig

Subscribers are routed to NARP, while members in good standing get the upgrade....oops, that's the other site.
rhodyguy
i need a digital signal for my 2 analog sets that work just fine. maybe i'll just throw them away and go to costco and buy 2 new ones.
zambezi
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Dec 30 2008, 08:25 PM) *

Tell him to clear out his cookies!

Yes send them to me. I like chocolate chip.
JIM
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 30 2008, 08:22 PM) *

i need a digital signal for my 2 analog sets that work just fine. maybe i'll just throw them away and go to costco and buy 2 new ones.

Don't connect to the inverter boxes. It's a government plot. Not only won't it fix your connection to the world, while you watch your favorite tv show the government will be watching you...(jk) laugh.gif idea.gif shades.gif unsure.gif
sixnotfour
go here
http://www.king5.com/dtv/
rhodyguy
very strange. cleared cookies. if i type 914world into the address bar it still routes me to narp. only way here is to type 914world into the yahoo search, open the neo concept 914 thread that's shown there, then go to the garage.
KELTY360
Maybe it's an analog computer. poke.gif
TC 914-8
You guys crack me up av-943.gif

My Rhodies are wilted too, Is that allso a government plot ?

I just got my first FAX machine last week, What's this DTV Thing you guys are talking about ?
greenie
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Dec 30 2008, 08:58 PM) *

I just got my first FAX machine last week, What's this DTV Thing you guys are talking about ?

Hey Tony,

I'm impressed!

You guys up in Sqwim have faxes already? welcome.png

Keep up the good work.
TC 914-8
QUOTE(greenie @ Dec 30 2008, 09:09 PM) *

Hey Tony,

I'm impressed!

Keep up the good work.

it's Sequim, Genius man. poke.gif

Get those clubs polished up, you and Jon are coming out this spring for a round at "The driest course in western Wa." Cedars at Dungeness

Did anyone tell Kevin to just Bookmark or Save to Favorites the 914 world site once on line??
Richard Casto
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 30 2008, 11:34 PM) *

very strange. cleared cookies. if i type 914world into the address bar it still routes me to narp. only way here is to type 914world into the yahoo search, open the neo concept 914 thread that's shown there, then go to the garage.

I would be suprised if this is related to cookies. I would think that the redirect is happening on the server.

What exactly are you typing into your address bar? Are you typing "914world", "914world.com" or "http://914world.com".

Lets say for example that you are typing in "914world.com". If you have an entry in your favorites list named "914world.com", it will find that (you may see it show 914world.com.url for an instance on your screen) and then it may show the NARP site. The reason is that if you look at the properties for that favorite, the title may be "914world.com", but the URL may be for the NARP site. I am not exactly how this might have happened, but I have seen this before. I am using IE 7

The other possibility would be if you had a local hosts file that was redirecting 914world.com to clubnarp.com but if that was the case you would not be able to get to it via your Yahoo work around. I would think that if you put "http://914world.com" in your address bar that you would get this site.
SirAndy
If you're on Firefox, you'll have to clean out your browser cache. If you're on IE, set "Browsing History" to "Every time I visit the webpage" ...

That should take care of it for both browsers ...
type.gif Andy

PS: Also, if you haven't turned off your computer since the day we had the problems, you'll have to manually flush your DNS cache.
ChrisFoley
It just means that the server Kevin is connected to hasn't updated their DNS file yet.
Richard Casto
I didn't mention the DNS cache option, because it seemed that on my end that Andy was doing a server redirect and not messing with DNS and pointing 914world.com to clubnarp.com (and eventually PP forum). Also, he mentioned that he is able to get to 914world.com via using a link from a search engine. So if it was DNS I don't think he would be able to follow that link and arrive here.

However Andy would know better than I would as to how to fix this!
Cap'n Krusty
Anybody here know where I can get new lead and an eraser for my fax equipment?

TIA, The Cap'n
rhodyguy
edmorrow.net gets me here super fast. is everyone ejoying that manditory dispersal from your iras this year?

don't worry about the plants. they should spring back. prune any broken branches.

http did the trick.
914werke
QUOTE(greenie @ Dec 30 2008, 09:09 PM) *

Hey Tony,

I'm impressed!

Keep up the good work.

laugh.gif av-943.gif
Good seeing ya yesterday Tony driving.gif
JoeSharp
I don't see why this is a problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.