Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phonedials on a Flared 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeSpraggi
I'm thinking of purchasing a set of phondials for my flared project car. The flares are very close in dimension to original 914/6 GT flares.

Would the early or late offset phondials give me the "best" fit. I understand that there may be a spacer(s) needed, but I would like to get the closest to a good fit before adding any spacers, if at all. BTW, the front setup is a '71 911 Koni strut. Thanks.
marks914
I think you will want early "deep" wheels. Here is the set of late phone dials U used as donors when I went to 5-lug. Yoy will probably need spacers either way

Mark

IPB Image
iamchappy
I run the early 23.3 offset Phonedials with the factory 944 spacers on mine.
Joe Bob
I have a set of 944 models like above just sitting lokking for a new owner. 15x6 and 7s....
VaccaRabite
Phonedials look better on 914s then the cars they were made for.
Go for it!
Zach
iamchappy
I have a set of early offset 7 and 8 x 16's with new Yoko Es100's 225's and 245's that have been looking for a new owner for about 6 months! I cant give them away...... confused24.gif
Joe Bob
Yep...not a real popular item.
Jeffs9146
I have a set of early offset 7 and 8 x 16's with new Yoko Es100's 225's and 245's that have been looking for a new owner for about 6 months! I cant give them away......

Well, just pack them up and send them to me!! piratenanner.gif blink.gif
Zundfolge
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 31 2008, 07:57 AM) *

Phonedials look better on 914s then the cars they were made for.
Go for it!
Zach

Agreed. I hated phone dials until I saw them on a 914 (still don't like cookie cutters and don't get why people go so ga-ga over them).

Of course they (phone dials) were made for my least favorite Porsche ever, the 928 (or as Astrid the parts counter girl at a shop I used to work called them the "Ninja Turtle Porsche")
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(mikez @ Dec 31 2008, 06:07 AM) *

I have a set of 944 models like above just sitting lokking for a new owner. 15x6 and 7s....

Thanks. Looking for 16x7 and 16x8's.
degreeoff
Mike, ummmm looks as though Chappy has a set....:-)
jaxdream
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Jan 1 2009, 06:54 AM) *

While you guys are on the subject of phone dials , I am in need of one ( 1 ) 15 X 6 36ET phone dial wheel . Any bites ?? bye1.gif

Jaxdream
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Jan 1 2009, 06:54 AM) *

Ummmm......... working on it biggrin.gif
hedfurst
I like the way those look. How do the weights compare with the fuchs?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.