Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: C.F. engine tins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
Anyone familiar with these ? Bottom of the page. How good is the quality ? Just thinking ahead ph34r.gif

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/PORSCHE914.html
ericread
I know nothing about the vendor, but it would bother me that the web page shows only old, written on pictures. There don't seem to be any current pics of their stock???

Is this a legtimate vendor?

Eric Read
LongARM
I contacted them in regards to a rs front bumper for my 911. Located in Toronto Canada, they make some parts(glass), but most are ordered in from elsewhere.
They reguired that you pay up front for the order. I was contacted by the owner who wanted payment first.. Hmmmmmm mad.gif
Mark Henry
I'm not that far and could do some asking around. Same area code as me so they are not right in Toronto, greater Toronto area (GTA) is 905 area code, Toronto proper is 416.

Anytime I see no street address in a web site I assume that it is a home business.
Eric_Shea
All of the photos are from A.I.R.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 1 2009, 11:21 AM) *

Do you care to provide a link? Or do you want us to google for a few hours?
yes I tried.
736conver
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 1 2009, 12:24 PM) *

yes I tried.

Must not of tried too hard. First search for me pulled this up

http://www.americaninternationalracing.com/
gopack
I bought my 916 front and rear bumpers from them for 2 reasons. The first was that they only wanted $100 shipping for the pair, where most of the others $100 each. The second reason is that they advertised flared versions for both front and rear. Turns out after I sent the money, only the rear was available in flared version. They also said that they would ship in a week, and it took more like a month to get the parts.

The front fit pretty well, but the body shop had to build the flare portion onto the glass. The biggest issue was the fit of the top lip of the bumper.
IPB Image

The rears fit for she-ite and needed lots of work to fit properly! I was not suprised because i read lots of posts on the subject, and didn't expect great quality!
IPB Image

I would not recomend this vendor.... it seems like a fly by night, garage type buisness to me, and they were impossible to get on the phone when the body shop was waiting for the parts to arrive. I would suggest going with one of the recomended vendors.
PeeGreen 914
Would be cool if we could find one of our member who knows how to do good quality CF work to do a few sets of tins and covers biggrin.gif beerchug.gif Only member I have noticed that does anything is Groot though. I just love his front bumper/ airdam combo piratenanner.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(736conver @ Jan 1 2009, 03:08 PM) *

yes I tried.

I tried A.I.R. several ways, guess I'm to dumb to figure out the initials rolleyes.gif
736conver
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 1 2009, 03:50 PM) *

yes I tried.

I tried A.I.R. several ways, guess I'm to dumb to figure out the initials rolleyes.gif

Should of tried "a.i.r. porsche"

Comes up as first site.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(736conver @ Jan 1 2009, 04:56 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 1 2009, 03:50 PM) *

yes I tried.

Should of tried "a.i.r. porsche"

Comes up as first site.

oh......I guess I used A.I.R. NARP
martman
I have a Fiberglass guy that I use, and also I am building his website. The site is QRSFiberglass.com
He has been doing glass work for many years and has all the 914 parts molded, 916 look, imsa look, stock look, and engine tin. Right now he is building custom bodywork for sand cars, and off road racing trucks.

Check out the site in about a week the store should be open then on line.
Mark Henry
A guy in my local VW club knows them.

They are in Bolton, Ontario, the same town as the dealership I work at. They used to be called Glassworks years ago. Unless they have changed a lot over the years, I would recommend staying away.

cheers
Ed N.
r_towle
Two things may have happened.
They bought the molds from A.I.R due to the lack of business volume...AIR have probably focused on more lucrative clients.

OR
they are reselling AIR in Canada...

OR,
They stole the pictures cause they are to lazy to make their own catalog.

does anyone know the guys at A.I.R??

Rich
carr914
I have a contact that makes CF engine shrouds. The quality & fit is fantastic. I will ask him how much they are & get some pictures.

T.C.
scotty b
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 13 2009, 03:50 PM) *

I have a contact that makes CF engine shrouds. The quality & fit is fantastic. I will ask him how much they are & get some pictures.

T.C.

Does he or can he do 914-6 tins ? If so that would be awesome.
sww914
QUOTE(gopack @ Jan 1 2009, 01:07 PM) *

I bought my 916 front and rear bumpers from them for 2 reasons. The first was that they only wanted $100 shipping for the pair, where most of the others $100 each. The second reason is that they advertised flared versions for both front and rear. Turns out after I sent the money, only the rear was available in flared version. They also said that they would ship in a week, and it took more like a month to get the parts.

The front fit pretty well, but the body shop had to build the flare portion onto the glass. The biggest issue was the fit of the top lip of the bumper.
IPB Image

The rears fit for she-ite and needed lots of work to fit properly! I was not suprised because i read lots of posts on the subject, and didn't expect great quality!
IPB Image

I would not recomend this vendor.... it seems like a fly by night, garage type buisness to me, and they were impossible to get on the phone when the body shop was waiting for the parts to arrive. I would suggest going with one of the recomended vendors.

That fit is EXACTLY like the set that I just installed on Cliffbraun's car. I had to cut the ends off, bolt them to the flares, and fill in the gaps with fiberglass. One side was 1/2" off, the other was 1 1/2" off. They were from a different vendor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.