Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone tried these seats in a 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
CORBEAU Seats - Classic 2

will they fit in the backpad? just curious... don't know if I like them...
Scott S
Yep -
They not only do no fit into the back pad, they do not fint into the fire wall recess when the backpad is removed. I also lost at least 2-3 inches in height (the seat bottoms are much higher than the stock seats) - and I did install them using the factory brackets.

I was lucky that they took them back.
Scott
If weight is a concern the GTA loback is only 12 lbs or do you need the width?
boxstr
Yes I have them in a car. I like the way the seat holds you in , but they do not fit into the recess. Great price also.
CCLINSEATDOWN
jim912928
What about the Classic I...does it fit and does anybody have that one in?
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(boxstr @ Feb 17 2004, 11:23 AM)
Yes I have them in a car. I like the way the seat holds you in , but they do not fit into the recess. Great price also.
CCLINSEATDOWN

do you have pics of them in the car...

I'm not worried about height too bad, I have room... but I don't want them too look bad in the car...
Dman
Has anyone used the APC's
boxstr
I picked these out of this GT and I am putting one in my 914-8.
CCLINCORBEAUHELL
DrifterJay
just put a forza in ...cheap, ugly, and does the job...I like it...no backpad though...
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(boxstr @ Feb 17 2004, 10:37 PM)
CCLINCORBEAUHELL

Craig
Those seats look really good lets see some better pictures. I'm trying to make some bolsters for my stock seats now.

Bob
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(boxstr @ Feb 18 2004, 01:37 AM)
CCLINCORBEAUHELL

those look pretty good frmo that angle... what about how the back loos w/ no backpad?
Scott S
Here is what it looks like with no back pad.....
fiid
Alright - well - while we're on the topic of seats.

I want racing seats. I was told that the Corbeau Forza's don't have very good back support (I definately care about that). I also like to be low and reclined slightly. What seats fit, what do people have that they like and are comfortable for track use, and for medium length drives?
fiid
Oh - and where do I get a good strap-style door handle??
Scott S
QUOTE(fiid @ Feb 18 2004, 03:31 PM)
Oh - and where do I get a good strap-style door handle??

you gotta make 'em.
Any good leather shop can get you the strap material. The attachment to the door release is up for grabs - I already had a slot for them in the inner door structure. I had to make a screw driver sized access hole to drill the mechanism and attach the strap. Then you need to make new door panels to get rid of the hole left when you remove the stock pull handle/lock mechanism. you also need to remove the actuator bar.

I am still looking for the square metal grommet that technically should be on the door panel hole where the strap goes through and into the release mechanism......

anyone?

Bueler..... Bueler...... huh.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Feb 18 2004, 05:34 PM)
Here is what it looks like with no back pad.....

dude! those seats look good... did you carpet where the back pad went? it looks nice... 1 more thing... are these comfortable? they look very comfy... one reason I kinda like them...
Scott S
yep - I down loaded and printed every 914-6 GT interior pic I could find and copied it as close as I could. I decided on the Renegade seats as everything else I tried took up either leg or head room (I am 6'2" 250).
The trick to get the firewall carpet down flat was two fold. I used a perlon felt so it was authentic. This material had a bit of a give to it. For the more radical compound curves we used a spray bottle and got it wet. There is no way you could smoothly cover the firewall with one piece of carpet if you were to use a "backed" carpet. You would have to cut it and do it in sections. It was a bitch.
tat2dphreak
I those seats were still the classic 2s... my bad the renegades are *supposed* to fit in the backpad... but I've heard bad things about the quality...

6'2 250 huh? damn, I bet the car IS a tight fit... my friend is 6'6 and he can't sit in the car with the top on... with the top off... he can see over the windshield... I am 5'11 ~160 I fit great! in fact I have to pull the seat up a tad! laugh.gif

you have more patience than me... I'd cheat and make a flat board, carpet on one side, sound padding on the other... and fit it into place to make it "look" like it belonged... I commend your attention to detail!
Scott S
The quality seems fine. I had them modify the head rests by removing the section of foam that pointed out toward the rear of the car. This allowed full rearward adjustablity with out intereference with the harness bar. As well, I bought the optional "short" seat pad. It is simply an upolstered piece of one inch foam that replaces the bottom cushion. It dropped me lower in the car and has the sock sewn into it for the anti sub belt. I use it rather than the stock sized cushion even for everyday driving.
boxstr
Same car and seats w/o backpad.
CCL
East coaster
I've heard that Renegade will not do the seats without their logo, has anyone removed the embroidered Renegade logo from their seats??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.