Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Breather question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mojorisen914
Happy New Year everyone.
I need some advice; can I run a hose from one head to the other, put a T in the line and vent both heads back to the oil filler nipple and still let the heads breathe or will this cause a pressure lock in the system?
An Inquiring mind needs to know.
Joe Owensby
You need to add another line to an external vent. CB Performance, and others sell a simple box that allows the lines to connect and vent any pressure outside while minimizing the oil vapors that excape into the engine compartment.
ChrisFoley
at a minimum you need to have the crankcase open to the atmosphere.
for instance, tee the head vents together. Then run that hose to a tee with the oil filler fitting, that has a small vent filter on the tee.
ericread
Are you running carbs or original FI? That will make a difference.

Eric Read
ottox914
Buy the CF breather tank. Not cheep, but works as it should.

Go to page 8 on this thread for product and install pics:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...5883&st=140

Its a great piece, and no, I didn't get a deal on one in exchange for posting about how well it works- I paid full $$$ just like anyone else.
r_towle
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Jan 1 2009, 10:16 AM) *

Happy New Year everyone.
I need some advice; can I run a hose from one head to the other, put a T in the line and vent both heads back to the oil filler nipple and still let the heads breathe or will this cause a pressure lock in the system?
An Inquiring mind needs to know.

you will create to much pressure with no place for it to release.

Wont work.

Rich
mojorisen914
I'm running carbs. I plan on buying the vent box/tank sometime in the future. Thanks for the advice everyone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.