Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: P&C Set
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
Not sure if this is the supplier others had difficulty getting good parts from. His add says they're AA Performance Products pistons and I thought I heard those are decent for a rebuild. They're close to where I live so I could cherry pick or return chipped cylinders if needed. Anybody have experience with these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-Porsche-...A1%7C240%3A1318
Click to view attachment

Kev
j-mccar3
I purchased two sets of 96mm p&cs from that guy. I haven't installed them yet, but they look like a descent set of pistons. I guess I will find out when it comes assembly time.
vesnyder
I installed a set of these that I purchased on eBay - pretty sure the same guy. 96 mm used to build a 1911. After I put the motor together the rings would not seal. This was the first motor I ever rebuilt so I cannot say 100% it was a problem with the P&C's. In any case I had to disassemble and have the cylinder walls re-honed. Also replaced the rings and had a heck of a time finding the correct ring set - funky sizes? After reassembling everything is running fine. I would recommend to have somebody who knows what they are doing inspect the set, particularly the cylinder walls to make sure they have been honed correctly.

Good luck!
Rusty
These appear to be the same ones sold on evilBay by jjmoneyhogg, a.k.a. West Coast Core.

Do a google on the guy... or a search here or on ShopTalkForums. Not much complementary about the product.
kconway
QUOTE(Rusty @ Jan 2 2009, 08:17 AM) *

These appear to be the same ones sold on evilBay by jjmoneyhogg, a.k.a. West Coast Core.

Do a google on the guy... or a search here or on ShopTalkForums. Not much complementary about the product.

Well...the add says there AA Performance Products, maybe just the cylinders. Aren't these the same Jake sells? http://www.aapistons.com/ It think West Coast Core probably uses AA P's and C's in their engines perahps?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.