Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CLUB site down...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ericread
As much traffic that is generated on the "Club" site when the "World" site goes down, I thought it was only appropriate that the "Club" site outage was properly announced...

OK, Here I am stirthepot.gif up stromberg.gif for no good reason. I participate in both of the sites, and both of these are invaluable. But for all the comments made over there about the outage here a week or so ago, I thought it was a bit funny.

That's all. Please go about your business.

lol3.gif Eric

PeeGreen 914
I thought Brad said that he never has any unplanned outages confused24.gif
ConeDodger
I think Brad and Britain are the only tech support and if Brad isn't around and Britain can't handle it remotely, well... You get the picture. Brad does have a mirrored server so it shouldn't happen but if no ones home who is going to fix it?
PeeGreen 914
I dunno, but I thought I read something from him saying that a well run site like what he has should never go down. I too think it is kind of funny that after he said that it is now down. I wish no ill on him as I think he is a great guy but a little humility goes a long way.
Gint
Be wary of the rules please....

No "Us vs. Them" threads.
jaxdream
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 1 2009, 06:00 PM) *

Be wary of the rules please....

No "Us vs. Them" threads.

Yeah stromberg.gif it happens , but they were cordial enough to allow the World on thier board , why shouldn't we return the same ?? Perhaps there is some on here that may help them get back up and running again ?? type.gif
Jaxdream
Gint
You haven't been around real long... I'm fairly certain that the club site did not "allow the World on thier board". On the flip side, the folks that frequent the 914club site are more than welcome here.

I think you're confusing 'the "Club" site' with Narp or Pelican, both of which allowed a re-direct of the world site during our prolonged outage last week.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like clarification because it's time to close this thread.
Gint
A member PM'd me to let me know that he thinks the comments I made in my last reply and then closing this thread are/was... inappropriate (to say the least, I won't expound further). I completely disagree. In addition, he thinks it makes the admin team look bad. I disagree on that point also, but I'll open the thread back up.

Have fun. I'm loggin out...
ericread
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 1 2009, 08:49 PM) *

A member PM'd me to let me know that he thinks the comments I made in my last reply and then closing this thread are/was... inappropriate (to say the least, I won't expound further). I completely disagree. In addition, he thinks it makes the admin team look bad. I disagree on that point also, but I'll open the thread back up.

Have fun. I'm loggin out...

I was goofin around when I opened this thread. Never thought it would come to this. My apologies to any and all that got their feelers bent as a result...

Gint; Thanks for trying to minimize any ill feelings. Admins are asked to keep an eye on things but are never appreciated. My thanks to all.

Eric Read

PeeGreen 914
I have to agree with whoever said that Gint. Please take no offense but this thread is not an us vs them thread. It was just an observation that Eric made. Both he and I go there as well as here and like most of the people at each place. When the World went down comments were made at club that makes this situation humorous. That's all beerchug.gif
McMark
rolleyes.gif blah blah blah
Lou W
So, whats better, a 4 or a 6?

biggrin.gif
RJMII
I agree, quite humorous.

oh the irony...

I frequent both sites, too. =o) I even like the admins here.

sww914
QUOTE(Lou W @ Jan 1 2009, 09:37 PM) *

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

biggrin.gif

McMark
I even like the admins here.

Dammit! What the hell do we have to do to you people! stick.gif
Dr. Roger
just exhibit some excessive arrogance and see what happens.... <insert half laugh smilie here>

LMAO =)
Rusty
ClubNARP is down? confused24.gif

So.Cal.914

biggrin.gif

5 biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
johnnie5
Why doesn't everyone get along? I may be stirthepot.gif but what happened?
Rusty
Oh Lord... here we go. :shakinghead:

Seriously - there are lots of 914 hangouts on the internet to choose from. Find one (or more) that makes you happy.

You're always welcome here. 'nuff said. smile.gif

-Rusty
RJMII
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 2 2009, 01:05 AM) *

I even like the admins here.

Dammit! What the hell do we have to do to you people! stick.gif

I didn't realize you were an admin...
ericread
QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Jan 2 2009, 08:10 AM) *

Why doesn't everyone get along? I may be stirthepot.gif but what happened?

OK, Here's the story...

A few years ago there was some drama in an effort to artificially raise the prices of 914s. The ensuing excitement caused people to go absolutely crazy, which resulted in V8's being installed in 914's. In an effort to calm and distract us from this calamity, President Bush invaded IRAQ and the rest is history (seems he wasn't looking for WMDs, he was looking for a replacement TPS...)

SO if you are concerened about our country's involvement in foreign wars, don't mess with the "World" site.

I hope this clears up any questions you have.

Eric Read
(If you don't ask, how are you going to learn?)

lol2.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ericread @ Jan 2 2009, 11:26 AM) *

OK, Here's the story...

War of the World(s) !!! shades.gif
johnnie5
I SEE....said the blind man huh.gif
PanelBilly

Six, if done nicely, fours are OK too. I'd like to try a well built four sometime. The four on my BMW motorcycle runs like a sewing machine. Such a well enginnered machine.

biggrin.gif
PanelBilly
I think I screwed up that reply. I ment to leave the quote alone and add a line below it, but I just added to the quote. Don't get confused by my mistake. I don't want to put words in anyones mouth.

What were we talking about again?
SirAndy
There's always the "Edit" button ...
shades.gif Andy
PanelBilly
I think I broke that key. Is it the one next to the \
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.