Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Excellent Black 1975 Porsche 914 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
stphnsns
This well updated and appointed example is ready to drive and thoroughly enjoy at once (weather permitting in your area!). The original and still fuel injected 2.0 engine fires right up every time (via a very cool push button ignition on the dash), and runs like a dream. The 2.0 pulls extremely strong, and really justifies the price command over the 1.8 unit. This car can run! So many of these vehicles were also converted to carbureted set ups through the years, that it's refreshing to experience one maintaining the original fuel injected scheme.

This 914 has also recently benefited from the installation of all new gauges (including speedo, tach, etc.) on the dash (originals were kept and come with the car), as well as the center console readouts. The clock even works! New Hella headlights, tires and brakes all around have also been employed, as has a brand new Monza type exhaust system, giving the car a nice purr and smooth sound. The brakes have also been completely redone. I just finished rebuilding the often trouble prone door handles (both sides), installing brand new nylon cams, making operation smooth, and eliminating risk of the dreaded broken handle and inability to get in the vehicle. Speaking of the doors, they open and close flush and with ease, which is indicative of the structural integrity of the car. There appears to be no issue in the common trouble spot of 914s, the longitudinals. The battery tray and trunk areas look good too, with rough spots (pretty minor) "isolated and arrested" with good ole' POR 15. The car hasn't seen any weather conditions in at least the last 10 years.

Really the only thing keeping this gem from truly excellent condition is the paint. Changed some years ago from it's original Laguna blue to black, the paint is starting to show it's age in some spots, and close inspection in the nooks reveals hints of the blue. It's certainly still fine for a driver, but for show style presentation, a repaint would be in order (preferably back to Laguna in my book). There are also a couple of surface bubbles in the common areas (see pics) that should be dealt with at that time. Again, this is optional stuff, and doesn't at all deter from the overall driveability of this car.

Much has been done to bring this car to it's current great driver condition, all it needs is a new owner to enjoy it as is - or finish restoring it to it's original luster. I purchased this car as a light winter project and fun extra 914. I've owned five 914s (and over 30 Porsches) through the years, and this one is easily the fastest. But a '67 912 restoration project has become too consuming, and space is limited, so this one must go. This car has a lot of potential, but is not a show car. It would make a spectacular track car, or just a great driver.

914s are now appreciating at early 911 rates, so steal it now while you still can. More pictures are available, and serious candidates feel free to request any more shots you'd like to see. Call 574-361-5315 to discuss or arrange an appointment to see the car in person. Vehicle condition is subjective. I’m picky about my cars, but I recommend a personal inspection so you can make a decision yourself. I haven't fully inspected this car in detail, so I recommend interested parties do so themselves before buying. Car is located in Elkhart, IN.

I also have a decent amount of spare parts, trim and literature--including a perfect original 1975 914 showroom brochure. All will be included with purchase.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Gint
You need to put a price in your ad please. Thanks and Good luck!
stphnsns
Sorry, just realized I left that out. Asking $6,495 OBO....
carr914
welcome.png

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.