Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What did you do on New Years day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
craig downs
I finished my engine last Sunday and got my transmission ready during the week.
So I got up today and installed em. Happy New Year everyone

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
craig downs
Here is what a DTM looks like in a 914

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
PeeGreen 914
drooley.gif aktion035.gif
McMark
Wow... ohmy.gif

That's such an interesting perspective.

Nice going Craig! Gonna be ready for the WCR this year? ( I know, I know, deadlines kill projects, etc)
craig downs
Yep I'll be there and this car will be done. Been working on it solid for a year and 1/2
and thought it would only take about 6 months. The main motivation that keeps me going is to see what this engine has to offer. Almost done and after today its a real shot of motivation.
stepuptotheMike
Looks great!

I decided to take the plunge and take the body hammer to my front lid in an attempt to remove some hail dents. (it's a black car).

I was fairly successful with the few that I worked on and even did a little bit of wetsanding/buffing. I still have a feeling that I'm going to need to sand down the whole lid and reshoot it to get it completely right.

Happy New Year!!

Mike
Cheapsnake
Drove 90 miles through blowing snow and 20* temps to pick up a 72 parts car. You people in SoCal, eat your heart out.
Tom
johnnie5
Slept off a hangover! biggrin.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif
r_towle
Looks great.
Do you need to make all new engine bay tin for that or does it come with those parts?

Rich
ConeDodger
On a normal day I get paid like a prostitute without the sex to do almost nothing. Yesterday, I got paid like a pimp and did nothing. If it weren't for the taxes I would need a shovel to get my paycheck home next week... Thank God for irresponsible government... av-943.gif
dlestep
...for New Years Day I disassembled the front assembly, sand blasted the separate
suspension components, polished up the torsion bar end caps,...oooohhhh, I'd like
to cad plate those buggars...sand blasted the front hubs, painted a few
components semi-gloss black, disassembled the tie-rods and about to sand blast
them, preparing them for powder-coating. Is it just me, or did yesterday fly by...
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Last weekend I repainted the hood, trunk and doors.

For New Years day I cut & buffed the hood and engine cover.

I'm still not happy with the color match on the parts. They are
slightly lighter in color than the body. I may be doing it all over AGAIN!

Sucks to be so anal, I wish I could accept it not being perfect. Lucky for
me that I can be happy without driving the toy
craig downs
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 2 2009, 08:22 AM) *

Looks great.
Do you need to make all new engine bay tin for that or does it come with those parts?

Rich

They all came in the kit water jetted out of aluminium.

Panelbilly I like your color. Sorry about the color not matching. At this stage though you should bite the bullet and do it all over so it matches or you'll or it will always bug you. Its part of being anal. Being anal like myself it takes us longer to get our stuff done but its always right and looks good.
burton73
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jan 2 2009, 11:34 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Last weekend I repainted the hood, trunk and doors.

For New Years day I cut & buffed the hood and engine cover.

I'm still not happy with the color match on the parts. They are
slightly lighter in color than the body. I may be doing it all over AGAIN!

Sucks to be so anal, I wish I could accept it not being perfect. Lucky for
me that I can be happy without driving the toy

You have to get all your paint in advance and mix it in one big can and then pour it back into the quarts for the color to be dead nuts on.

Bob
Gint
QUOTE(craig downs @ Jan 2 2009, 12:03 AM) *
Here is what a DTM looks like in a 914

I like that! Nice...

On New Year's Day my neighbor and I set fence posts in preparation to rebuild a 32' section of 6' tall cedar fence. Worked half a day today to finish the posts and remove the old pickets. Should have it all finished tomorrow before the snow starts. Just in time. 65 today and 35 and snow tomorrow.
ericread
This thread is full of friggin show-offs...

IT WAS A HOLIDAY!!! WE WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO DO ANYTHING! bootyshake.gif

At least I respected the holiday.

Eric (laugh.gif)
Jake Raby
Craig,
Looking good!!! Did the DTM and engine install go smoothly??? It looks good and you didn't have to ask questions, so that sounds positive!
KaptKaos
Awesome Craig!

Can't wait to see it running!!
markb
sww914 & I picked up my toolbox & parts from Cap'n Krusty's shop & moved it up to GPR. It'll be nice to be able to use my tools again. smile.gif
thesey914
I posted these already over on 914club but i went for a drive.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
jfort
I fired mine up and drove back and forth a few feed in the garage. Sure doesn't like to start when it's cold out!
Ian Stott
Kept adding wood to the woodstove and watched TV, too cold and blowing snow to do much else. Talked to all the important people in my life on the phone and had hot turkey sandwiches with fries and my wife's excellant gravy for supper! Had a good look at Auto Atlanta's catalogue on PDF and picked out the parts I need by April, I need a horn to pass safety! When is Hershey this year, has the date been set?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.