Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advice on Airco brand used welder needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
highways
Looking to pickup a welder... I know I want MIG, 110volt, variable wire speed, and probably variable voltage too. Looking to spend $350 tops (welder and bottle). Found this Airco Mini Pro 125 setup... he said it works and he's asking $250.

Here's my question- is Airco even still in business? Will I be able to get parts (like the gun, or leads) for this thing if needed? I know my budget is a little low for a quality welder. I'm a little weary now of buying old equipment as one used aircompressor I got turned out to be a lemon. For recent welding projects I was borrowing a Miller Matic 150 that worked great. Just looking to weld 914 sheet metal. Any advice on prefered models? Anyone got a decent welder they want to part with?
welder.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
scotty b
You're goping to be hard pressed to find parts for that old timer. Look for a used Hobart handler, or similar size Miller, or Lincoln. Esab makes a good welder but parts are hard to get in short order around here. You really won't need more than 140 amp machine despite what some will say.
burton73
I just got a Lincoln new 180 Mig 220V for $500 and the bottle was $160. Full New. Plus cart. $70.

Look on Crags list in LA area every day for something newer. You may pay more for something better. When I was looking I did see a few that where used but wanted to go with more power and new. One of the perks of my plastics business is I get tools for my factory and there a write off.

Bob
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 2 2009, 08:04 PM) *

You're goping to be hard pressed to find parts for that old timer. Look for a used Hobart handler, or similar size Miller, or Lincoln. Esab makes a good welder but parts are hard to get in short order around here. You really won't need more than 140 amp machine despite what some will say.

+1 move on man. CL has deals from time to time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.