Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: call won't run above 2700 rpm
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oldsurfer32950
i have over $20000 in this 1975 2.0 ...i have rebuilt this car from the ground up..everything has been rebuilt has original fi...car runs great...runs right up too high rpms..but after it heats up to operating temp...won'tt run over 27000 rpm...loses all power under load...last thing i havent replace is ecu...does anyone ouuut there know what the problem is or know of a 914 shop in ventura california area i can trust....rick 818 667 2277
scotty b
1. Post this in the garage, you'll get a better response.

2. Putting your phone number out for the world to see probably isn't a great idea unsure.gif

3. Retype your title to read CAR
r_towle
Heat.

Your distributor needs to be cleaned and re-greased...cost is 0.05 cents
your advance plates may be stuck...they do that when hot.

Rich
ericread
Also, you might want to change out your distributor cap. If it is slightly cracked, the high RPMs will cause problems, and a cracked cap can be all but impossible to see.

Eric Read
PeeGreen 914
I don't know how far you are from Venice Beach but Otto's in Venice Beach is a good place to go. John is a crsty old guy who knows 914s better than I could dream.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.