Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Prayers for my little girl
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mark Henry
I have had two sick kids with pneumonia (one in hospital, one at home) the last 12 days.

We were hoping Elizabeth (4yrs,) would be out on Wednesday, now they are saying two more weeks, WTF?
She seems to take one step forward and two steps back, some kind of antibiotic resistant germ. They just put in a heart catheter for her IV, as it kept screwing up.

She has always been a drama queen when she gets sick and I made her wait till morning, for my wife to get home to take her to emergency, the day she went into hospital.
So I’m depressed, feel like a total shitbag and I have guilt.

Ethan is almost (not quite) his (2yr) old self again. I’m taking care of him at home and must stay strong for his sake, but still this sucks.

I’m not a religious man, but I’m praying hard now. Sorry for dumping on you guys, but I really miss her.
davep
We feel for you and the family. We'll say a prayer.

DaveP
tat2dphreak
Mark, our prayers are with you and your little girl. don't beat yourself up for decisions of "what if?" you can't do that to your self, and you can't do that to your family. we are here if you need a sounding board.
Jenny
I'm not a religious gal myself, but I can definitely empathise with your concern. Don't feel guilty though. You'd never knowingly do anything to harm your children. It's hard to tell when they're really sick, or just trying to get some sympathy & attention. We'll say a prayer for your little ones.

Jen
Carl
I made her wait till morning, for my wife to get home to take her to emergency,

BTDT. No question that it makes you feel like a jerk when you find out the problem is real and serious.

Being a parent is a tough job. We're sending good thoughts your way.
Joe Bob
Good luck...my worst recurring nightmare is my kids or wife getting seriously ill.
GWN7
Good thoughts from the Peg..........for you and your family.
morph
Our thoughts are with you. Sorry you have to go through this, We almost lost our son on more than one occasion and this can be one of the most challenging times of a parents life. sad.gif

Hiedi
Qarl
Prayers

Big prayers headed your way. It's the only thing I can offer after all the kind thought that were returned to me when Hunter has been sick!

I'll keep Elizabeth in my thoughts.

Having your child sick in the hospital can be tough. Believe me, Hunter has accumulated over six months worth of inpatient care!

Chin up... she will get better soon.

Regards,

karl
Eric_Shea
You have our prayers... best wishes.
fiid
Hey,

Best wishes man. Hang in there.

Fiid.
nebreitling
without children of my own, i can only imagine how difficult this can be. stay strong, your little girl will be on all of our hearts and minds today.

n
Mark Henry
Thanks guys and gals.

This is Elizabeth
Chris H.
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 17 2004, 01:13 PM)
I’m not a religious man, but I’m praying hard now. Sorry for dumping on you guys, but I really miss her.

It's never too late to start praying Mark. Take it from me. You can add 3 more to the prayer chain in Chicago. Don't waste any time blaming yourself either. You didn't do anything intentional. Just be strong for your family.

Chris H.
Jeff Bonanno
Mark,

All my best wishes for a quick recovery.

Jeff

ps all members with children should read what the CDC and FDA have to say about antibiotic resistant bacteria:

CDC info site
FDA info site

over-prescribed antibiotics lead to resistant bacteria - you can control this directly
rick 918-S
I'm not a religious guy either. I did that simlar thing with one of my boys. He had a piece of steak stuck in his asofiguse(sp) I didn't bring him in to the emergeny til the next day. He could even swallow his spit. He easily could have died. I will never live that down in my mind anyway. I can relate to your anguish over your decision. But I know how kids are, I thought mine just didn't want to eat supper. Your not the only one that's made a parenting mistake and you won't be the last. Hang in there man.
maf914
Mark, My thoughts are with you. Best wishes to your children and family.

Mike
Bruce Allert
Mark, What a cutie. She has a face that looks like she should be on Broadway. No wonder she's a drama queen. As has been said, don't bring yourself down about decisions made, concentrate on the here & now. Positive thinking & prayers are best at this time. I'm sending all I have your way.

..........b
Evill Ed
Mark, best wishes and prayers from my family to yours.

Regards,
Ed
JFJ914
My prayers are with you Mark. Hang in there the battle is never over 'til its over. Don't look back, only look forward to her homecomming. And yes, she is a cutie!
lmcchesney
Dear Mark and Family,

I’ll be technical for a moment. Elizabeth has an approximately 99% probability of recovery in the absence of a chronic immune or lung disease. Four year olds have developed an outstanding immune response even for apparent antibiotic resistant infections.
On the other side, God holds all of us in his hands. No act is done without a reason, even sickness. Remember the poem about footsteps in the sand? God IS with Elizabeth and will watch over her. Our faith is what provides the strength.
The joy of being a parent is such a fragile thing. Times like these teach us to hold a little longer and listen a little more closely. Your presence is the healing strength Elizabeth needs. No parent is perfect. Not even Mary and Joseph.
From my family to yours, Gods prayers and comfort.
Respectfully,
The McChesney Family
JRust
Hey Mark our prayers are with you. Don't beat yourself up either. I almost lost my wife when she was pregnant one night. She had a fever I could tell. I took her temp & it only read 99.8 but she was really hurting. I called her doc & he had me take her temp again. Still just under 100. He says just keep her home unless it gets worse. The whole time my wife is suffering. I get a very strong impression to take her in anyway. I called back & said I was bringing her in. I did & she had a temp of 106.3 when they took it. I came very close to losing my son & my wife that night. I went thru alot of why the hell didn't you bring her down sooner. Some of which was from the doc. Talk about feeling like crap. Turns out or thermometer was faulty. It all worked out ok & it wasn't my fault. It was a learning experience though. I happen to be religous & I heard a saying once I liked. "There are no athiests in fox holes" . I think anytime you have someone you love hurt prayer is a natural response. Again many prayers coming your way! Take care
watsonrx13
We will add you and your family to our prayers, especially Elizabeth. Get well soon.
StratPlayer
Geeez,,, I hope your little girl gets better quickly, our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family.
Gary
Praying big time. Having sick kids is tough.
BravoHotel
prayers are on the way...
SteveL
Mark,

I am very sorry to hear about Elizabeth. Keep your chin up and try to stay positive. Elizabeth and your whole family will be in our hearts and prayers.

Steve
VegasRacer
Praying for the healing of you little angel.
Don't let you heart get to heavy.
Be strong for your family. wub.gif
boxstr
Mark We are all here for you and your family. Please let use know if there is anything you need.
CCL
Kargeek
Mark,
We will include you in our family prayers tonight. Dave H
Jeroen
Hey Mark (and family)

Hang in there...!
I'm not a religious person either, but our thoughts will be with Elizabeth for sure!

Don't be too hard on yourself... (I know, easier said than done, but still...)
We have a 3.5 year old daughter ourselves
One minute these kids can be sick as a dog, the next minute they're jumping up and down like nothing ever happened.
It's tough to make these kind of judgement calls on these little buggers.

Give her a big hug from all of us when you go visit her
(and your son and wife as well)

cheers,

Jeroen
DNHunt
Little Elizabeth and your family are in my prayers

Dave
scotty
Consider it done!

(we need a medic smilie)
F4i
Best wishes to you and your family. My brother is deaf in one ear, my mom just thought he wasn't listening. They fought for just over a year. Finally went to the doc. These calls are hard to make. I recently cut the tendons in my hand on a drinking glass. I didn't even get it looked at for 24hrs. and I am a wuss. It's hard to know when to go. Take care
TheCabinetmaker
Lord, please hear the prayers for these innocent children. Remove their suffering and pain. Return them to their family, and end the tears and guilt of their loving parents. Amen
seanery
Well said Curt!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family mark.
street legal go-kart
nothing sucks worse than your kid hurting and being helpless to making the hurt go away
all our prayers are for your daughter and the rest of the family tonite

miss mari ,jt and the creature
ChrisReale
Best wishes to your daughter and family.
Chris
KaptKaos
Prayers sent.

Many more to follow.

Please keep us posted.

God Bless.

- Joe & Family
EdwardBlume
Mark,

May God bless your kids and heal them now. May God surround them and touch them with healing and grace. May he protect them from harm. May he give you peace. May you have rest, so that your decisions are solid, and may your words speak truth and compassion to the people around you.

My wife and I will pray for you and your family tonight.

God Bless.
Brad Roberts
Mark,

Lyressa and I wish your little girl the best of luck and hope she pulls thru with a speedy recovery.

B
Duffster
Mark..

We're all thinking pure thoughts for your little angel and you too. Don't beat yourself up about the delay thing, they can get bad really fast with little or no warning and even the pros don't get it right a fair bit of the time. Good thoughts...Good thoughts...Good thoughts...
Gint
Don't beat yourself up man. It will all be OK.
Seagrave
Never underestimate the power of prayer. God answers those prayers, believe it. Add me to the prayer chain.
ThinAir
One more family praying for your family. I'm sending it out to our church prayer chain too. Nothing knocks you off your feet like having your kid in peril. I've never felt so helpless in my life as when my daughter delivered our grandson by c-section because they thought the cord was wrapped around his neck. It makes you feel ill in ways that you never knew existed to have someone you love in danger like that.
Hawktel
Much like you I'm not a religious man.

Unlike you I'm also a shit bag.

So I approached my sister (She is a good religious person) and she's going to pray for you. I hope for the best with your children.
DuckRyder
Our prayes and thoughts are with you.
GaroldShaffer
Mark,

The Shaffer Family wish your little girl the best of luck and hope she pulls thru with a speedy recovery.
Don't beat yourself up, there is no manual that comes with the little ones.

- Garold
si2t3m
Another familly praying for the little one.

Hope she gets better real soon.

Marc-André
trapper
Mark, your darling little daughter is in our prayers too. Let us know when she is back home with her family. Glenn Trapp
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.