Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Dash Plastic Top
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
Just scored a plastic dash top to cover the cracked original. I didn't care for the carpet or velour style so when one came up on Ebay I snagged it. This top turned out to be better than I expected. It actually "snapped" into place. It even has the grain molded into it to look like the real thing!
silver six
Looking Good Bruce. I like the center console speaker solution as well.

Douglas
JmuRiz
I have the same dash top...only a real close looking 914 person would notice it's not the real deal...good enough for me biggrin.gif

I like the Speakers too...did you remove the vinyl from around your stereo head-unit as well. Mine's coming up and i was just going to yank it from that area anway.

Nathan
Bruce Allert
Thanks for the compliments!
Nathan, that's a blank plate layed over the vinyl the stereo shop did to mount the stereo.
I made the center consol & covered it with vinyl I found at a fabric shop. It's real close to the same patern used in the seats. Now I need to make combo arm rest, stash box & cup holder then I'll be good to go!
bruce
Demick
I have the same dash top and am very happy with it. Main problem with these is the ashtray becomes a tight fit and doesn't match the texture very well. But since I removed my ashtray and made a small gauge panel to go in it's place with 2" Oil pressure and Air/Fuel mixture gauges, it is not a problem. Sorry, no pics handy.

I do miss the ashtray though. It makes an ideal place to stash AutoX timing slips between runs.

Demick
AZ914
Looks great Bruce! I had seen those out on the bay before but had never seen a good pic of one mounted.

Regarding the speakers... Are those your main drivers or do you have the highs split off to the stock location, lows to the console etc. ?!
Bruce Allert
The speakers in the console are the main ones and I have 4" Blaupunkts in the doors. I tried some ovals in the stock cabinets and found it hard to dam up the back for good base. The console doesn't go all the way to the floor like a real one does. I was concerned about foot space so I have a space of about 6" from the back of the console to the floor.
It sounds good for a stock Ebay $25 Blaupunkt stereo!
bruce
Bruce Allert
Here's another view of the dash.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.