VaccaRabite
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 5 2009, 11:54 PM) *

Here is the forum.

So, who wants to lead this thing?

Rich

Is Jim in here too?

Zach
rmital
depending on location....would determine how much I could contribute.

I lost track of the decision on where, is that known yet??
r_towle
I asked Jim also.
So first order of business.

I asked Jim, Zach, Ray and Dr Evil to help plan.
Anyone else I dont know that we should ask?

BTW, I am stoked for both events...hershey and fall cookout...sounds cool to me...lets get planning.

Rich
VaccaRabite
Ken (Zymusgist - I know that is misspelled) is usually in the planning forum as he brings the kegs. ;-)

If we want shirts (I know we have time to get them for Fall ECC, *maybe* have time to put something together for Hershey), we might want to see if Rick Leonard will handle that again. Maybe, maybe not. He might be burned out after 2 years.

If we do shirts, we will need to do it via pre-sale. That is just about the only way to break even given the weather variable, and selling event shirts after the event is hit or miss (mostly miss).

As for funding... Last year I did not accept the donations that people wanted to hand out. My idea was that we could raise the money to cover costs through the raffle. We raffled well over $1000 worth of stuff, but even with $20 tickets, the weather last year convinced a lot of people to stay at home. I never counted how many tickets I sold last year (or I was too drunk to remember) but I am pretty sure that Chris did not cover his costs for the food and tenting even when he got 100% of the proceeds.

I would suggest that this year we try a registration fee for the fall event to help cover the expenses. I think that is how they do it for the Left coast events. That will also help if we get shit weather again and people bail. We have to pay for the food if it get eaten or not.

Pre-registration would be a tough sell for the Hershey gig. Maybe. People are already paying a door fee to get in, and paying for parts as well. And that event has a long history of rain (buckets of rain). Maybe ask for donations instead of a pre-registration. Just ideas, I really don't know how would be best to handle it.

Okay, those are some ideas. If you don't like them, I can probably think of other ideas.
Zach
rmital
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 6 2009, 08:04 PM) *

If we do shirts, we will need to do it via pre-sale.

...lots of info there Zach...I'll start with the shirts.
MovieTime Cars, the business I have mini-meets at, produce lots of stuff like hats, shirts...etc.

I'd like to check with them about prices. Maybe even some sponsorship...who knows, maybe they take it on the arm (or whatever that phrase is).

Graphics would be the only task to be reckoned with.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.