Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question on flywheel & Clutch setup for 3.0L /901
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
GaroldShaffer
New year so time for a new engine sad.gif The 2.4 /6 engine I was going to run in my AX / Racecar has a oil pump problem and well instead of breaking it down and replacing the scavage pump and a million other "while its apart" items I picked up a nice running 3.0L out of another 914 racer. Now, not thinking I didn't ask about buying the flywheel & clutch. So now I have a nice 3.0L and a nice Brad Mayuer 901 trans, but need a flywheel & clucth package. slap.gif

Brad recommended to go with a 225-228 mm flywheel, but he really hasn't done many 3.0L setups so suggested I ask the "experts" here. huh.gif I'm afraid to go on the PMS website to see how much this is going to costs. unsure.gif

sixnotfour
These guys have everything you need and a few ways to do it.
http://www.kennedyeng.com/
Krieger
agree.gif I have this installed on mine. Very good qualityand easy install. I have not run car yet.
GaroldShaffer
ordered my parts from Kennedy today. aktion035.gif I can't wait until this car is done driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif
rfuerst911sc
You will not be disappointed with the Kennedy products. I have a 78 SC 3.0 I'm installing in my GT clone and I'm running the stock 3.0 flywheel with a ring gear adapter,pressure plate,clutch disc and throwout bearing from Kennedy. My mechanic installed all with the 901 tranny and it want together perfectly with zero issues. I don't have it running yet but I expect no problems.
914forme
Make sure to check the flywheels to be true before you drop it in and pressure plate. Kennedy has had some issues with pressure plates, might have been a bad batch. but a steel ruler and your eye you can tell right quick, before you put it in the car and notice it slips.

Best to do it once right than twice wrong.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.