Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: show me your tow hooks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
if you have pics of your tow hooks pop it up
let me know where you got yours
RON S.
I looked around and didn't like anything that was ''off the shelf''
I designed and fabricated my own taking the design que from some folding units I'd seen on some 911 race teams.
These units are definitely not eye candy. the bracketry is permanently mounted and gusseted to the chassis. I've load tested each unit individually with an engine hoist and there is no flex.
I wanted a clean simple design
Ron biggrin.gif
rascobo
Very nice work Ron, and not just the tow rings. If they ain't candy, they're at least cake.

And for some reason when I look at the rear shot I think nipples.
6freak
QUOTE(rascobo @ Jan 8 2009, 11:08 AM) *

Very nice work Ron, and not just the tow rings. If they ain't candy, they're at least cake.

And for some reason when I look at the rear shot I think nipples.

Ditto biggrin.gif
pete-stevers
any others out there??
just want to see because now, before paint is the time to modify my glass bumper
sixnotfour
here is some to copy/buy
http://www.rennline.com/Mounts-Recievers/products/664/
rascobo
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Jan 26 2009, 05:03 PM) *

any others out there??
just want to see because now, before paint is the time to modify my glass bumper

Pete, although I've yet to add any to my car, and believe me I need them, just ask AAA,( they threatened to ban me one year for excess towing) I'm only replying because ,inexplicably no one else has refered to the tow brackets commonly sold fron many sources, The fronts bolt up to the front torsion bar covers and the rears to the lower shock mounts, I believe.
You'll probably find them at Pelican.
Good luck.

In fact, I predict the next poster will include pictures of them!
Joe Bob
I have a set of these I'm not going to use.....

r_towle
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 26 2009, 09:32 PM) *

I have a set of these I'm not going to use.....

Are these hooks for a tow bar also?
The super beetle tow bar setup?

Rich
Joe Bob
Can be used as such.....
brant
the light weight version:
Scott S
Man I love that car Brant.....
BKLA
What about Rennemetal?

He makes some nice tow hooks and foglight supports. Don't have his website linky, but truly a nice guy! I bought rear tie downs, front tow hook and GT type exterior foglight brackets from him.

Sorry, no pictures... sad.gif
Dirty Evo
ok, I hate to be one of those guys that replies to a REALLY OLD THREAD, but I am gonna do it.

I am looking for a tow hook option for track. I don't like the rennmetal or whatever, that you have to crawl under the car to access... yeah, that will be fun in the mud or whatever...

I want something that sticks out from the bumper like a couple of the above guys customer made themselves. I don't have the ability to fold a map, so I sure as hell am not fabircating any parts.

Anybody seen any off the shelf tow hooks that come out through the bumper? or does anybody want to charge me to fabricate some?

I really like those nipple rings on the orange car.. that is the look I want (but only one front, one rear)
Dirty Evo
QUOTE(RON S. @ Jan 7 2009, 05:46 AM) *

I looked around and didn't like anything that was ''off the shelf''
I designed and fabricated my own taking the design que from some folding units I'd seen on some 911 race teams.
These units are definitely not eye candy. the bracketry is permanently mounted and gusseted to the chassis. I've load tested each unit individually with an engine hoist and there is no flex.
I wanted a clean simple design
Ron biggrin.gif

please o please make me some?!
jt914-6
Steve....this is what I may eventually had put up front of the 914..not a big fan of the adjustable but unless you make a good measurement and get the non-adj. one to fit right..... http://rennenmetal.com/proddetail.asp?prod=1317 The ones on the rear shock bolts would work....and you do have the stock one for the rear....
Lou W
Here's mine
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Dirty Evo @ Jun 17 2011, 08:41 PM) *

I am looking for a tow hook option for track. I don't like the rennmetal or whatever, that you have to crawl under the car to access... yeah, that will be fun in the mud or whatever...

How about like this:
Click to view attachment
Sorry I don't have any better pics right now. The rear one is very similar. I used 1/8" stainless sheet, with a heavier backup on the opposite side of the surface its mounted to.
Dirty Evo
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 17 2011, 11:07 PM) *

How about like this:
Click to view attachment
Sorry I don't have any better pics right now. The rear one is very similar. I used 1/8" stainless sheet, with a heavier backup on the opposite side of the surface its mounted to.

hmmm... on race car I would actually go for that... but not on my car... wouldn't quite go with the look. I guess maybe the adjustable ones from Rennenmetal will have to work
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.