Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unable to remove stub axle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bigbohr
headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

I've been banging on that damn stub axle for a while now and only got it about 1/8" out. Last fifteen minutes I have not made any noticeable progress.

I had removed the nut on the outside, and put the half shaft on some boxes so it's about horizontal. Turned the shaft 180 degrees while hammering on the stupid thing ... with zero result. The only thing I'm gonne achieve is bending something.

Somebody got any suggestions? blink.gif
Brad Roberts
Shoot some Kroil on it or WD40. Let it soak over night. Dont kill yourself trying. I have chewed up my fair share of stub axles.

B
Brad Roberts
Wait.. stub axles or drive flange ?? Piece with lug bolt holes or piece that CV attaches too ??

B
Bigbohr
The piece the CV attaches too ... the piece that sticks through the hub ... the frick'in piece that has a nut with a pin on the outside of the rotor ... fighting19.gif fighting19.gif
I think I got some adrenaline flowing
Luckily I drove my other teener tonight ... mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
Brad Roberts
Soak it and walk away. Its 10:30pm.. nobody wants to hear you banging on it anyway..LOL

B
Bigbohr
Alright Brad ... I'll shoot it full of WD40 ... and let it rest
We'll see tomorrow
BTW, any news on Bilsteins? Nearly afraid to ask ...
Brad Roberts
Did you get an email quote from me ??

Is this Johan ?

B
Bigbohr
Brad, you got e-mail ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.