Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 flag style mirrors on a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim912928
Hi, the body shop is ready to mount these and asked if I could get some initial measurements from somebody who has done this. I've seen 914's with the 911 flag style mirrors on them. Can someone measure and post some pics?

Thanks in advance,

Jim
Brad Roberts
Hey Jim,

Does you car have flares ??

B
jim912928
no flares...stock on the outside except for the 911 mirrors...car is currently stripped to bare metal!
dgw
Who has the measurements?
I have the 914. I have the flag mirrors. I have the flares.
Brad Roberts
Jim,

I know you are set on installing these, but unless the car has flares.. they end up looking like DUMBO ears on a narrow body 914. This is course my opinion and you can tell me to F-OFF if need be laugh.gif . They are severely disproportionate to the rest of the car.

B
StratPlayer
Was wondering what kind of mirrors that are on this teener here???
StratPlayer
djlfajs
jonwatts
very fast ones, obviously wink.gif
StratPlayer
Where does one buy the very fast ones mirrors?
jonwatts
Sorry, I don't know. It's hard to tell exactly what they are from the picture. The overall shape doesn't look like any factory mirror I can recognize. Probably aftermarket which usually suck.

It's a real challenge just to find mirrors that attach to the body anymore. Seems like 99% of them are built into the triangle at the forward edge of the door's window glass.
East coaster
You guys can flame me ar15.gif , but I'm going to use late model Miata mirrors on my 914. The look just like late model 993 mirrors, but are a little smaller. I think they are more to scale with the teener body than the 911 mirrors.
Brad Roberts
NO flames from me. I looked at these mirrors for a 914 less than 2 weeks ago. I think they will work nicely.

B
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Feb 18 2004, 09:00 AM)
Was wondering what kind of mirrors that are on this teener here???

they look like mirrors off a sportbike, go into your local
kawasaki/yamaha/honda/suzuki dealership, they should have something
similiar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.