Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW Flood Watch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
helios
I just wanted to wish all the regional teener breatheren and their families the best of luck with the current conditions. sad.gif

Bellingham has several flooded streets, some only a few blocks from my house. They had to open the flood gates for Lake Whatcom to keep the lake (source for city water) from flooding, which in turn overloaded Whatcom Creek. The choice of lesser of 2 evils. A lot of the surrounding areas are getting hit pretty hard, including a possible closure of I-5 in Ferndale....effectively cutting off north Whatcom Co.

I know further south is getting hit pretty bad as well.

My teener and myself should make it out of this w/o any casualties...hopefully all others will be as fortunate.

bye1.gif
messix
so i wonder how Dans drive home was tonight?
smontanaro
Not meaning to make too much light of the situation, but this is a case where having your teener on jackstands can be a plus. Stay dry out there...
biggy72
Well I can't get to either of my parent's houses, but I'm sitting pretty high and dry. A few people I work with can't get to work from Chehalis, but I don't personally know anyone that had their houses flooded yet.
6freak
QUOTE(biggy72 @ Jan 8 2009, 11:08 PM) *

Well I can't get to either of my parent's houses, but I'm sitting pretty high and dry. A few people I work with can't get to work from Chehalis, but I don't personally know anyone that had their houses flooded yet.

Mine was close! the sump pump was on all the time for a day and a half.The water was seeping through the floor of the garage so the floor was wet to the touch.If it hadnt stop raining i would have picked every thing up and moved the car back to the hauler.Im going to pick up alot of stuff tonite,take the cover off the car and push it outside ,leave the garage doors open and let it dry out it should be ok.I think im going to drive the car this weekend just to stretch its legs and get the blood(oil) pumping
messix
i wish i had time to take pictures, you guys would believe the stuff i'm seeing.
6freak
QUOTE(messix @ Jan 9 2009, 09:36 AM) *

i wish i had time to take pictures, you guys would believe the stuff i'm seeing.

Well if you didnt write out the hole damn news cast for the 914WORLD to read poke.gif you would have time slap.gif LMOA av-943.gif
Shade Tree
Well, I haven't had it as bad as you guys farther north but I did have to take a half day off of work to dig ditches in my yard out to the Mckenzie Hwy so that it would drain and the septic tank/drain field would drain. About 3/4 of an acre of my front yard was up past my knee high rubber boots!
dinomium
I live on top of a hill, but man, there is some serious water over roadways!! I5 is set to open back up at around noon.
TC 914-8
I landed at Seatac yesterday around 3pm, as I was flying in you could see all the swollen rivers and creeks. Lots of brown water dumping into the sound. I had some delays on I-5 thru Fife with 2 lanes flooded. Other than that, the drive to the penisula was OK, good to hear no Teeners were sacraficed.
I would love to take a drive this weekend to get the oil pumping, let's hope it stays dry. the satelite pict shows more rain on the way mad.gif

Tony
messix
QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 9 2009, 09:51 AM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Jan 9 2009, 09:36 AM) *

Well if you didnt write out the hole damn news cast for the 914WORLD to read poke.gif you would have time slap.gif LMOA av-943.gif

oh come on! ..... right click copy then right click paste slap.gif
TravisNeff
Snoqualmie river. My brother works for the city of snoqualmie as the maintenance manager, his hands are full today.
6freak
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Jan 9 2009, 10:31 AM) *

I landed at Seatac yesterday around 3pm, as I was flying in you could see all the swollen rivers and creeks. Lots of brown water dumping into the sound. I had some delays on I-5 thru Fife with 2 lanes flooded. Other than that, the drive to the penisula was OK, good to hear no Teeners were sacraficed.
I would love to take a drive this weekend to get the oil pumping, let's hope it stays dry. the satelite pict shows more rain on the way mad.gif

Tony

Skills day at Bremerton 01-10-09 was going to be my destination ...Im not sure now ...weather reports are not look`n good headbang.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Jan 9 2009, 10:48 AM) *

Snoqualmie river. My brother works for the city of snoqualmie as the maintenance manager, his hands are full today.

Damn. I wonder what the falls look like?

Edit: Video
EdwardBlume
Holy crap!

I've kayaked both the Snoqualmie and the Skykomish but not that blown out.

Lucky my Mom lives on higher ground off California in W Seattle. The bad news is that it'll stop raining.... never. av-943.gif

TC 914-8
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jan 9 2009, 12:23 PM) *

Damn. I wonder what the falls look like?

Edit: Video

Wow, Now that's on full force.
Solo914
QUOTE(helios @ Jan 8 2009, 08:54 PM) *

I just wanted to wish all the regional teener breatheren and their families the best of luck with the current conditions. sad.gif

Bellingham has several flooded streets, some only a few blocks from my house. They had to open the flood gates for Lake Whatcom to keep the lake (source for city water) from flooding, which in turn overloaded Whatcom Creek. The choice of lesser of 2 evils. A lot of the surrounding areas are getting hit pretty hard, including a possible closure of I-5 in Ferndale....effectively cutting off north Whatcom Co.

I know further south is getting hit pretty bad as well.

My teener and myself should make it out of this w/o any casualties...hopefully all others will be as fortunate.

bye1.gif

We are dry in Redmond but my brother and parents are stuck in Duvall/Carnation. They are out of harms way but there is no way in or out.

Kyle
messix
if they have a 4x4 stossel creek rd was opened. note that this "road" is a old logging road and has been closed for several years.

The email I got reads:

All roads in and out of Duvall are closed. Each with significant water over them. The only exception, thanks to the DNR's generosity, is Stossel Creek Rd. NE to Youngs River Truck trail to 299th Ave SE to Cedar Ponds Rd. to Ben Howard Rd. to Rt 203. From there you could go Monroe to pretty much wherever
SLITS
Glad I got out before Nature vented on the PNW.
kevine

That road/bridge is my normal way home from work, and I haven't been able to get there since Wednesday. I have a couple of options to get there tomorrow.

kevine
dinomium

I think we used to JUMP off that bridge when we were kids...
messix
this is why I90 has been closed http://www.flickr.com/photos/wsdot/sets/72...242253091/show/
messix
heres some pictures from my phone from today. these are about 15 miles from the other picture but the same river, just before it empties in to puget sound.
messix
and
JRust
I talked to a guy in Everet about an MDX for the wife. I was thinking of making a trip this weekend. He kind of laughed when I told him I was in Corvallis. He says just about all the freeways here are closed. Been kind of busy. Guess I need to watch the news more huh.gif

Speaking of which if anyone knows of a 2003 or newer Acura MDX in the 10-12k range let me know.
Todd Enlund
I remember a big flood in 1977 (I think). We lived on Whidbey, and I remember all the dead cows washed up on the beaches.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 9 2009, 07:06 PM) *

I talked to a guy in Everet about an MDX for the wife. I was thinking of making a trip this weekend. He kind of laughed when I told him I was in Corvallis. He says just about all the freeways here are closed. Been kind of busy. Guess I need to watch the news more huh.gif

Speaking of which if anyone knows of a 2003 or newer Acura MDX in the 1-12k range let me know.

Well if you come to my city to get a car you better grab a beer with me beerchug.gif

Don't let that detur you though laugh.gif
TravisNeff
QUOTE(dinomium @ Jan 9 2009, 07:25 PM) *

I think we used to JUMP off that bridge when we were kids...

We used to jump the north bend bridges all the time. The cream of the crop was old rickety by kens tuck town.
boxstr
Jamie, I jst sold a nice fuly equipped 2004 MDX . Nice girls car. Very comfortable, like a big longroof.
CCLINSALAESARETHEGAME
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 9 2009, 07:06 PM) *

Speaking of which if anyone knows of a 2003 or newer Acura MDX in the 1-12k range let me know.
JRust
Hey Craig that would have been perfect. Of course my max is 12k. What did it sell for? If you can find me one in my price range let me know. Wife love's blue but that isn't critical. Watching CL but that is about it.

AS far as flooding in Corvallis it is very limited. Creeks are running over a bit & the Willamette is very high. Not predicted to get worse at the moment.

Oh & Jon it's funny you caught that. You were the first guy I thought of to swing by the dealership to take a look at the MDX for me happy11.gif
PeeGreen 914
beerchug.gif I'd be happy to if you need.
Mr.242
Well cars and beers...FuN. I wanna join. beerchug.gif Need to meet some people in the forum....

As for the PNW flooding. I took a deap breath on this slide. My ski condo is in the building with the red roof, tan siding. OH BOY biggrin.gif Happy it didn't get the building.

We were worried all the rain and water runoff would enter our building. I was worried because my condo is on ground floor facing the slide/lifts!! PHEW.

Click to view attachment

Water is finally going down here in Fall City too! We lost some highway and that will take away some patroling area.

Next year, if you like to ski....Hit me up. We can barter on a great ski condo at the base of a NEW lift. I need parts and help. You get a ski condo for a weekend.

aktion035.gif
NORD

What floods? I can't remember, Sunday was 51 outside with SUNSHINE

Those days here make you forget that there were miserable 4 weeks

at the end of last year.

Yes I drove my teener all day Sunday and will be driving it again for the

next few days till the rains return. driving.gif

NORD
6freak

Maybe you can drive it again on tuesday NORD....STAY TUNED
NORD

I just noticed that thread popped up. I'm off work this week!

Life in the SUN with a teener is great driving.gif

NORD
6freak

Try`n to scratch something up for tuesday...wheres lynden
NORD

Lynden, WA

I live 9 miles South of the US Canada border EH.

Seattle is 100 miles one way and I read your post

about trying to keep your miles down on your car.

I have to be in Seattle for the wwsportscarcouncil

meeting tonight, but if you guys come uo with fun!

I'll be watching.

I've been out with the car and many of the roads

with twisties still have alot of sand on them, makes

and I believe Chuckanut is closed again.
helios
Way north. He's even further north than I am! Probably close to 2 hours north of Seattle. Just south of the Canadian border.
helios
Chuckanut was open yesterday afternoon, although there is a bunch of dirt and smaller debris still on the road. Drove it in the Jetta without issues.
6freak
QUOTE(NORD @ Jan 19 2009, 10:19 AM) *

Lynden, WA

I live 9 miles South of the US Canada border EH.

Seattle is 100 miles one way and I read your post

about trying to keep your miles down on your car.

I have to be in Seattle for the wwsportscarcouncil

meeting tonight, but if you guys come uo with fun!

I'll be watching.

I've been out with the car and many of the roads

with twisties still have alot of sand on them, makes

and I believe Chuckanut is closed again.

Dang ...Maybe you can bring down some caribou for the next meat... pun intended
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.