Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 914/6 race car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
naro914
It's a long drawn out story as to why we even have this car, but suffice it to say that we DO NOT NEED 3 race cars. We bought this car because we needed the engine for Huey. Up until recently, we've only had one engine that's been swapped between Huey and Papa Smurf and we wanted a nice, strong engine that could stay in Huey, while the one we have stays in Papa Smurf. This car was the solution. So the plan was to take out the engine and trans, and sell it as a rolling chassis....

Great idea, but everyone that was interested in it wanted a motor. Then when we tried to use the 2.5 engine, we found it was a great race engine (loves to run at 4000 rpm+), but not a great street engine. So, we purchased a stock 2.7 liter motor for Huey and decided to just resell this car with the 2.5. It's a pretty darn good race motor: S cams, loves to run at 4000 rpm+, etc. John Forbes at Black Forest Racing went through the engine and Weber carbs completly and has it running great.

I took it on the track last year to get a feel for it, and it handles very well and was very fast. I think it could use a slight alignment and corner balancing. But that's it. Oh, and the harnesses need to be replaced as they are the old style with the multiple pieces that link together. It's very stiff, brakes wonderfully, and drives like a 914 race car should.

Anyway, here's the details:

Engine:

•Fresh ( 2 DEs at CMP since build ) 2.5 liter six cylinder.
•Short stroke 2.7 crank and 2.2 bore.
•40 Webers ( 32 mm venturis) newly rebuilt.
•Holley Blue Fuel Pump and Regulator
•Racing headers e/w fuel oxygen sensors.

Suspension:
•Koni adjustable shocks.
•Weltmeister Bump Steer kit.
•Reinforced trailing arms.
•911 front A arms.

Brakes:
•Bremtek four piston calipers.
•Carerra drilled and slotted rotors.
•Braided lines.
•1 complete set of replacement pads.

Body:
•Custom safety cage
•Uni-Shield racing seat
•911 gauges.
•Hot Lap timing system.
•Reinforced rear uni-body, full 914 stiffening kit installed
•Stock trunk removed and reinforced with steel tubing.
•914-6 Engine grill.
•Flared fenders (fiberglass).
•Weltmeister Short Shift kit .
•15 gallon Fuel Cell
•Cool air duct for driver.
•Hood pins
•916 front bumper
•Front mounted oil cooler.
•914-6 factory style rear fender mounted oil tank

Wheels & Tires
•Two complete sets of 7” Cookie Cutter Wheels.
•8 Hoosier 2.25 x 15 front racing tires.
•4 Goodyear 2.75 x 15 rear racing tires.

PRICE : $15,000 obo

Give me a call or email me to discuss.
Bob Saville naro@carolina.rr.com or 704.309.5499

MANY MORE PICTURES HERE: 914 Race Car for Sale
PeeGreen 914
Good luck on the sale Bob. I wish I the the money right now as this looks like a great 914 to add to the heard and at a price that is unbelievable blink.gif . My best friend and I were talking about how much fun this car would be to run the Targa Newfoundland. Give another 914 along with you beerchug.gif Maybe someday.
naro914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 11 2009, 09:16 PM) *

Good luck on the sale Bob. I wish I the the money right now as this looks like a great 914 to add to the heard and at a price that is unbelievable blink.gif . My best friend and I were talking about how much fun this car would be to run the Targa Newfoundland. Give another 914 along with you beerchug.gif Maybe someday.

thanks
Nah, not a great Targa car, it has to be street legal (this one isn't) and with the engine, it would run in Unlimited class! It's a true track car. I keep learning about things about this car and doing them on Papa Smurf (not Huey, he's becoming even more street than track).
PeeGreen 914
Street legal by whos standards? Doesn't look too tough to get it there for a collector plate here biggrin.gif

Nice car none the less. I hope whoever gets it appriciates what it is.
naro914
Still here taking up lots of space!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.