Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help on a six restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
jkp2240
I am restoring a 1970 six and wondering what would be the "most correct" black for suspension parts? Also, my Bilsten struts the shock top covers are green but the stut assys. are blueish grey, what is best to use for that as well, or has some one made a list of correct restoration colors for powder coating?
One more question, fan and fan shroud, mine were painted but original silver, raw metal or what would be close to original?
Thanks for any help!
John
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(jkp2240 @ Jan 10 2009, 08:35 PM) *

I am restoring a 1970 six and wondering what would be the "most correct" black for suspension parts? Also, my Bilsten struts the shock top covers are green but the stut assys. are blueish grey, what is best to use for that as well, or has some one made a list of correct restoration colors for powder coating?
One more question, fan and fan shroud, mine were painted but original silver, raw metal or what would be close to original?
Thanks for any help!
John

As many will testify, I don't recommend powder coating for suspension components (among others). Powder coating is somewhat brittle, and doesn't take the hard knocks of suspension pieces well. I's use oil-based paints, but that's me.

The fan should raw metal, not painted.
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.