Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Power Windows
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howie's 914
I'm looking for an installation guide for power windows. I got a set for Christmas from the wife. I am looking to see if anyone has any pictures of how they did the installation in the door. Thanks
Dr Evil
It all depends on the type. There are several ways to go about it depending on the type you use.
Howie's 914
The name is SPAL.

Thanks for the tranny work, I have not installed it yet still waiting on the engine..
rascobo
QUOTE(Howie's 914 @ Jan 11 2009, 05:32 PM) *

The name is SPAL.

Thanks for the tranny work, I have not installed it yet still waiting on the engine..

You can google type.gif Spal and download instructions for Your specific model#

Good luck, Scott
jim_hoyland
Dr Evil started a thread on power windows, See:

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?show...c=48405&hl=

I did the install too, its pretty easy.
Dr Evil
Spal are easy, the motor goes up front in the door. I had pics, but someone was marketing kits with these and asked that I not post them as they were part of his package. Screw it, if I can find them I will post them. Spal are the better ones and are easy to mount.
Dr Evil
Here is his link, I am still looking for the pic.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...l=power+windows
Dr Evil
Here it is:
Wilhelm
On the SPAL site I don't see a Porsche kit. Is the Volkswagen the correct one to use? I'm not sure, but suspect the handles are interchangeable so one of the volkswagen kits should fit?
Dr Evil
Get the universal kit and one of the adapters will work for ya. smile.gif
It really is pretty easy to do once you figure it out.
r_towle
nice pic...the rag is covering the important stuff...like a bikini.

Who owns that car?

Rich
Dr Evil
The motor placement is the issue. The stuff the rag is covering is plug and play. confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.