Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW guys... well, who live close to me.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
PeeGreen 914
Hey guys. I have the engine all ready to come out of the car but would like to have another hand when I do this. You know, so when I drop it on me someone can dial 911 beerchug.gif Anyone free this week to help. Just let me know when you are available and I will be ready to work piratenanner.gif

drunk.gif
messix
any time after 4 this week
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif Cool, thanks Troy. Whatever day works best for you I will be good.
Solo914
Same here...

Kyle
PeeGreen 914
Well you guys want to all come up on Tuesday and drink some beers and all? Just something to get a few of us together for the winter beerchug.gif
914werke
Im available smile.gif
J P Stein
If you were properly set up, you could do it by yourself.....tis nice to have someone else to blame any problems on tho. biggrin.gif

You are welcome to borrow this.....you wouldn't be the first.
PeeGreen 914
I have been meaning to make something like that and get a motocycle lift or so to do this but never got around to it. I do have two nice jacks though. Should be enough as that was all I used to put it in. Come on up JP biggrin.gif
ericread
Aren't you guys like... under water???

huh.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 11 2009, 05:38 PM) *

I have been meaning to make something like that and get a motocycle lift or so to do this but never got around to it. I do have two nice jacks though. Should be enough as that was all I used to put it in. Come on up JP biggrin.gif

Dude, I gots projects of my own......like pull the trans & do some gear swappin'.
We start on Feb 28....iffn' it doan snow. I worked on the effin' car & trailer all weekend.
I do this to relax. headbang.gif
PeeGreen 914
No, only some in this area are but the floods don't bother my travels at all drunk.gif
messix
QUOTE(ericread @ Jan 11 2009, 05:48 PM) *

Aren't you guys like... under water???

huh.gif

the thing about the puget sound are is that elevation changes of 500' come about every 1/2 mile. john and i are up at about that elevation, but just 1/4 mile east of me is under 20-30' of water.
davesprinkle
Can I come?
914werke
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Jan 11 2009, 08:01 PM) *

Can I come?

Dave come one up! aktion035.gif
PeeGreen 914

Can I come?

beerchug.gif sure aktion035.gif
davesprinkle
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 11 2009, 08:09 PM) *

Can I come?

Time and place? Send me a PM. Maybe I'll drive the 914...
PeeGreen 914
PM sent beerchug.gif Would be cool to have some guys from down South up here. smilie_pokal.gif
PanelBilly
I'd offer to help, but that would mean you would need to take it out and then put it back in so you could do it a second (and third time) to improve the method. Damn it sucks to be a perfectionist.
PeeGreen 914
av-943.gif You're too funny Billy. You are always welcome to come up though wink.gif
messix
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Jan 11 2009, 08:33 PM) *

Can I come?

good trip to do a paint removal, all the left over sand on the roads up here.
Todd Enlund

Can I come?

Hey Dave, if ya go, and if you have no objections to hauling a passenger, I might be interested in splitting gas with you. My wife's zoom-zoom is in the shop (she crashed it), so she is driving my truck... and my Jeep doesn't like to get that far from home anymore.
davesprinkle
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jan 11 2009, 08:53 PM) *

Can I come?

Hey Dave, if ya go, and if you have no objections to hauling a passenger, I might be interested in splitting gas with you. My wife's zoom-zoom is in the shop (she crashed it), so she is driving my truck... and my Jeep doesn't like to get that far from home anymore.

Yeah, Todd, let's do it. Although you're living in a fantasy world if you think the 914 will be more reliable than your Jeep... However, it'll be good to have a second person to help with roadside repairs... Good thing the little lady paid up the triple-A...
dinomium
Doubt I can make it round next week... Sounds like fun
beer3.gif
TC 914-8
I would love to come hang out if it were on the weekend, I am in town But.. have a project in Bremerton I'll be at all week.
the weather is supposed to be nice after Monday for the rest of the week. so if you guys are still wrenching by the weekend, I'll give up my Sat tee time golfer.gif and come hang out. If you guys are done by the weekend, i'll keep the tee time and anyone is welcome to come out and play golfer.gif .

TI
effutuo101
I should have recovered my laptop (been dead since Thursday) by then and be back on the straight and narrow. (useing the wifes this evening). Sounds like fun!
See you all on Tuesday. If you need to get hold of me, try my cell. I don't see me being back on line frequently between now and when I get my laptop back.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jan 11 2009, 10:42 PM) *

I should have recovered my laptop (been dead since Thursday) by then and be back on the straight and narrow. (useing the wifes this evening). Sounds like fun!
See you all on Tuesday. If you need to get hold of me, try my cell. I don't see me being back on line frequently between now and when I get my laptop back.

If you need to borrow one until you get another I have one you can use for a few days buddy. It is my laptop that I bought two months ago but I haven't needed it too much as I haven't needed to do any work out of the house. It will be good to see you on Tuesday. beerchug.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Jan 11 2009, 09:25 PM) *

Yeah, Todd, let's do it. Although you're living in a fantasy world if you think the 914 will be more reliable than your Jeep... However, it'll be good to have a second person to help with roadside repairs... Good thing the little lady paid up the triple-A...

Teener is a lot easier to fix biggrin.gif

I have the typical Jeep 4.0 cracked exhaust manifold (except that mine is cracked completely in half), and that has led to a bad misfire. I should throw some money at it, but instead I am buying 914 parts confused24.gif

What tools should I bring? av-943.gif
6freak
Hows parking Jon ..can i drive the 6 and have a safe place to park.... lmk
PeeGreen 914
Yeah Mike. Your 6 will be fine.
6freak
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 12 2009, 09:01 AM) *

Yeah Mike. Your 6 will be fine.

I will check the forcast ...if its not good i will drive the pickup..(tail light issue with the gay honda)..shouldnt be much sand on the roads the heavey rains washed it all away
PeeGreen 914
Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. All the info is in the Teener Tuesday thread as well. beerchug.gif Oh, if you want food there is a few fast food places down the street or we can all chip in and do pizza. I do have a good deal of beer but not sure I have everyones taste. Let me know your thoughts
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 12 2009, 07:55 PM) *

I do have a good deal of beer but not sure I have everyones taste. Let me know your thoughts

IPA. I can pick some up if I can get my driver to stop... where's a good place?

Oh, and pizza sounds good to me biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
There is a Safeway about 3 miles South of me that I believe carries IPA. I have Fat Tire, and whatever I get at Costco tomorrow. I also have a full liquer cabinet for those that don't do beer drunk.gif Well, it isn't as full as I like but close enough.
messix
i'll stop by the pappa murphy's and get a couple of big pizza pies
JRust
Dang it anyways. I am buying the MDX you checked out for me Jon. No way I can make it tommorow though. Was hoping to catch the train up either wednesday or friday. Would have been great to make it & hang out. You guys have a ball drunk.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(messix @ Jan 12 2009, 09:11 PM) *

i'll stop by the pappa murphy's and get a couple of big pizza pies

aktion035.gif Sweet Troy. You can get here whenever. Wife just won't be home until 5:30 or 6 to take over kid duty.

Jamie, let me know when you are able to make it up. Love to see you for however brief it may be. Glad I was able to help out on this.
PanelBilly
I'll be there in spirit, my paint came in today and I'm going to be preping parts tomarrow night.

helios
Wish I got home from work earlier..... sad.gif If I didn't have to get up at 4:45, I'd probably make the drive down anyways.

I'll keep my eyes open for the next weekend gathering. beerchug.gif
Todd Enlund
Heading out now... see ya later!
davesprinkle
Hey guys, thanks for a good time last night. On the way home, the engine started making a weird rattle. We stopped at a convenience store in Kalama and as the bitchy attendant berated us for working on the car, I tightened the fanbelt, which was loose. Didn't cure the rattle. I forged ahead, hoping that whatever it was wouldn't leave us stranded. As I pulled into my driveway, the car tossed the fanbelt. I crawled into bed at 2:30am. I'll figure it all out today.

So much for my plan not to work on a car last night...
PeeGreen 914
It was a great night with a lot a great local guys. Todd and Dave drove up here all the way from Oregon in Dave's beautiful 1.8l. Mike, 6freak, came from Tacoma in his sweet original 6. Jeff, sixnotfour, came in his green 75? 2.0l. Kyle, solo914, came in his yellow 914. Troy, Messix, Rich, rdauenhauer, Chris, effutuo101, all drove their regular cars. Good size turn out with some good pizza provided by Troy. Thaks Troy for the pizza. I provided most of the suds but other brought some too. My sone even got in the action with his own tools. biggrin.gif We did need to get him out of the way a few times though dry.gif

Sorry I didn't get any photos of the cars. Maybe Todd did. Here are the photos of the group that my wife took.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Jan 14 2009, 09:21 AM) *

Hey guys, thanks for a good time last night. On the way home, the engine started making a weird rattle. We stopped at a convenience store in Kalama and as the bitchy attendant berated us for working on the car, I tightened the fanbelt, which was loose. Didn't cure the rattle. I forged ahead, hoping that whatever it was wouldn't leave us stranded. As I pulled into my driveway, the car tossed the fanbelt. I crawled into bed at 2:30am. I'll figure it all out today.

Well, it was great to have you up and your car is very nice. I hope you are able to figure out the rattle fairly easily.
6freak
Thanks for the pizza Troy.The teener meets kick ass . I learn somethink every time i go to one..It was a bit chilly on the way home with the B&B headers not giveing out much heat but it was only a 45 minute ride..and i only hit a 100 a few times driving.gif YAHOO!!!
effutuo101
ah, the joy of hitting the century mark. Good time Jon! The motor even came out with out to much hassle. tongue.gif
Solo914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jan 14 2009, 09:40 AM) *

ah, the joy of hitting the century mark. Good time Jon! The motor even came out with out to much hassle. tongue.gif

When it warms up, we can also do a BBQ at my place, I am a "little" more central, as I am just off the Kirkland exit on 405. For all the bike guys, I also like going to Cafe Veloce in Totem Lake, its pretty cool with all the old bikes on the walls and racing on the tvs.

Good stuff guys.

Kyle
6freak
Kyle I didnt get to meet you ..you drove by just as i was leave`n ..next time pal
Solo914
QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 14 2009, 09:56 AM) *

Kyle I didnt get to meet you ..you drove by just as i was leave`n ..next time pal

Yeah... my game plan was, drive down street until you see 914s. Well, yours was the first I saw, to bad you were leaving, dang it. Next time for sure.

Kyle
Todd Enlund

No joke... literally right at the foot of the driveway. We both gave each other an amazed look, which turned to relief that it did not happen at any other point in the 230 mile round trip.

Great trip though... thanks for the ride, Dave!
davesprinkle

So I went out to the car this morning and did a little inspection. Turns out, the fanbelt is OK -- still on the alternator and still turning. I dug out a mirror and a flashlight and found this fastener lying in the shroud at the fan inlet. This is likely the source of the rattle. It probably also got into the belt and seized it last night, which would explain the smell of burning rubber and no charging voltage. Question is: where did the fastener come from? Can anybody ID it before I go on the hunt?

PeeGreen 914
Looks like the alternator bolt?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.