Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: eric, for peets sake
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixnotfour
all the 911 r guys saying they are too small, well buy the bigger ones stirthepot.gif
see how they go over the horn, just dont sit on top.
ps i have to go to my van to get a storage bin.
McMark
I wonder how much that solid edge will defeat the flow characteristics of the air horn... idea.gif

Looks neat though.
SLITS
Hey, at least they keep out screws and nuts and stuff like that ... not much else.

According to an old book I have and as I remember, the smoothest entrance to an air horn is a 3/8" roll. I'd have to find the book again.
Eric_Shea
Hmmmmmmmmm... I tore mine apart w/o checking the size. Guess I can't return them now can I? biggrin.gif
r_towle
I remember reading in Up Fixen Der Porsche a great CSOB article written about these exact same things for a 356.

They specified a strainer that you can get at the kitchen store...they even gave the name and number of the item.
Just cut off the handle.

Dunno if that is what you are talking about, but it sure looks like a juice strainer/sifter to me.

Rich
sixnotfour
I wonder how much that solid edge will defeat the flow characteristics of the air horn...

Thats what I am showing eric , I used the bigger ones that fit over the air horn.
Everyone else I have seen use the ones that sit on top off the horn.
Eric_Shea
Dunno if that is what you are talking about, but it sure looks like a juice strainer/sifter to me.

Peet's Coffe & Tea - Tea Balls. Cut in 1/2.
J P Stein
I removed the engine sheet metal for this last season. Now the aircleaners are groddy with black shittage all over them......not too many miles on an AX only car...maybe 100-150. Prolly 50 times the crap than before the sheet metal removal. I would not like to have all that crap down my carbs. Everything that stuck would pass thru those screens.

They do look cool, tho.
sixnotfour
They do look cool, tho.

Gee Wiz Dad can't we be cool for a day ?

ps put your sheet metal back on
J P Stein
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 12 2009, 06:33 PM) *

ps put your sheet metal back on

Nopers, access to the engine & bay is great. I'll be good as long as I keep the air cleaners clean & oiled.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.