Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: six engine builders
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
I would like to build up a motor either a 3.0 short stroke with a 2.0 crank and rods
but i need to aircare/smog the car (emissions only) Can a carbed car with moderate cams, cr and 40s or 46s pass an aircare emission test
running twin cats in place of mufflers
has any one done this or something of this nature??
or should i stick to a injected motor
monkeyboy
You would have to look at the laws in your area, but in California, you would instantly fail if you replaced Fuel Injection with Carbs. We have a visual inspection. It's bogus, but it's the law.
J P Stein
I seriously doubt it.....I sure as hell couldn't. biggrin.gif
pete-stevers
QUOTE(monkeyboy @ Jan 12 2009, 03:19 PM) *

You would have to look at the laws in your area, but in California, you would instantly fail if you replaced Fuel Injection with Carbs. We have a visual inspection. It's bogus, but it's the law.

it is emissions only- no visual inspection
Cap'n Krusty
Cats instead of mufflers? You know, they aren't intended to muffle sound, and trust me, they won't. Cats won't last more than a few days, or maybe hours, with carbs anyway. The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
No. wink.gif
pete-stevers
yup iwas afraid of this....injection for this car
unless i get a real 914six
i will have to stick to an injected engine
GeorgeRud
Do you have the equivalent or historic vehicle plates for cars in Canada? Here in Illinois, you do not have to have an antique vehicle (greater than 25 years old) run through the smog inspection. You may want to check your local regulations.

The cars are only supposed to be used for shows, parades, exibitions, etc., but the local police seem to be pretty good about not bothering with this as long as the cars are nice. In the summer, you should see all the "antique" muscle cars and old sports cars come out of hiding.

This probably wouldn't work if the car is a daily driver.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jan 12 2009, 10:52 PM) *

Do you have the equivalent or historic vehicle plates for cars in Canada? Here in Illinois, you do not have to have an antique vehicle (greater than 25 years old) run through the smog inspection. You may want to check your local regulations.

The cars are only supposed to be used for shows, parades, exibitions, etc., but the local police seem to be pretty good about not bothering with this as long as the cars are nice. In the summer, you should see all the "antique" muscle cars and old sports cars come out of hiding.

This probably wouldn't work if the car is a daily driver.

Same here....but BC is the land of the green in more ways than one smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.